“A quick, easy place to get in and out.”

Motel 6 Charleston North
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Waynesville, North Carolina
“A quick, easy place to get in and out.”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My reservation went well and quick. They don't charge you if you have to cancel last minute. They also do not take a deposit. The room at first glance was "oh. this is it. no fridge, no bath, but it'll do since were not going to be in here long during the day. At least we have TV. And were near a waffle house and an IHOP, and the interstate is RIGHT THERE."
First and foremost, if you sleep lightly, this place has planes and jets and helicopters flying over all hours. I, sleep like a rock, so this wasn't a problem for me.
Honestly it wasn't a bad place to stay, the room was vacuumed, the bathroom was clean and that was all there was to it. Beds were pretty comfortable for a Motel 6, although we only slept on the sheets because they seemed to be the only ones that smelled clean. And the comforters had cigarette holes in it. I dont think those have been washed in a while. But all in all, it was a neat little hole in the wall place to stay when you are traveling on a whim.
The ice machine was clean and the snack machines were stocked.
The amenities were only a bar of soap and towels, bare minimum! Not even shampoo!
There is free coffee in the mornings, but the time is not specified anywhere and perhaps a small sitting area would be nice; maybe include tiny muffins or juice or something.
The location for us was great, we could hop right on the interstate and we were 20 minutes away from Folly, so it was the perfect thing for us.
We stayed 2 nights and it was under 100$. ( AWESOME!)
I liked the rates the best and our office person Dee, and the housekeeper Claudia took care of our room, which she kept very neat.
Overall, stay here if you want a nifty place to stay in terms of cost efficiency and location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Was looking for a room in Charleston, and everything was booked. This was my last resort, and had been weary by the bad reviews and was expecting the worst. However, started off very well with friendly staff member at check-in. The Front office, was very clean and professional. The room was clean, and everything in order. The air-conditioning system worked well. Yes, there are people who stand outside their rooms, though most of them are simply smoking (better than doing it in the room). The grounds were not perfect, and there was some minor signs of wear. However, overall much better than I expected. It is right by the interstate, and is surrounded by other hotel chains, fast food restaurants, and is 2 minutes from a shopping mall. My only complaint is that it is much further out of Charleston than I expected. But i guess that is the trade off for spending a third of the rates of other motels/hotels that are closer.
I am not sure if this place has been renovated since the other reviews were written, or if i got lucky with the right staff and the right room, but I was happy with my stay. For somewhere to simply sleep for one or two nights in between sight-seeing, it fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank drr24
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We should have checked out after the first night. Immediately upon opening the door, a bug ran across the room. The light in the bathroom and shower did not work. Front desk said someone would fix it, and it never happened. When we came back to our room the second day after sightseeing, our key had been deactivated so we had to go to the front desk to gain entrance into our room. We decided to take a shower to go out for dinner and discovered we had no towels. Front desk told me that we could come down to the lobby and they would give us towels. That night, a party in the room beside us broke out at about 10:00 p.m. We counted 12 different people in and out of the room with a small child. They were fighting, beating on the doors and walls and running out and around on the balcony. After calling the front desk many times, someone finally came up and apparently gave them a "warning". Immediately the party and fighting started again inside and outside of the room. We called the front desk and at about 4:00 am, they were all evicited from the premises. We did not get any sleep until 4:00 am and had to be up at 6:00 am to drive 10 hours home. This could be a nice hotel, it's in a great location, but it's dirty and there's creepy people that hang out around there. I did not feel safe at all and management doesn't care about their guest. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL... it's bad news!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty, Loud and disgusting
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
South Fulton
Reviewed July 19, 2008

We stayed here while moving our sons stuff to the Naval Base and I must admit, we didn't get off to a very good start. Stepped into a grassy spot to get something out of our trailer and stepped on an anthill of Fire ants. Had on sandels so they stung me allover both ankles. There were several people hanging around and walking around the motel and I was worried that it might get loud and rowdy. But, before we got settled into our room, we carried the dog out for a walk and a security guard showed up. All was quiet. The next night the wanders were gone. We stayed a total of 5 nights and nobody every said or done anything to bother us. The room was clean when we checked in and the floor only got vacuumed once during our stay, but they tell you when you check in that they will not enter a room where a pet is left without the owner present. This is for their safety as well as your pets. However on the days that we were not there when the maid came by, she left us a plastic sack tied to the door knob, filled with fresh towels, soap and "other" necessities. I did have to go to the front desk once and get a roll of tissue. But, then I've had to do that at fancier places. If need be, we would stay there again.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — People wandering around, but they fixed that while we were there.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed November 30, 2007

The most horrible hotel ever. Scum everywhere... The staff, the people hanging around everywhere. What kind of a place has to call the police every weekend? This place is DANGEROUS!!! Don't go there!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank AmillLouisville_KY
Atlanta
Reviewed June 11, 2007

We had bad experience at Dorchester Rd hotel left before it was too late and chose Motel 6 for I saw it on net before we came to area. Non smoking did have ash tray. But our room was all new stuff, and shower was a new half rounded and great!!! Room looked clean, but we were had one bath towel had to take back makeup on it, asked for more towels. We had a major pool problem and a cleaning worker had her kids there and they were out of control not following pool posted rules and one rule parent needs to be there. I complained at front desk and later called my boyfriend who called by cell and complained, kids were loud, hitting horsing around( nothing ever done). We could not enjoy the pool and realized it was a cleaning persons kids& 2 others who may be from inn next door??. Male guest at hotel next door were hanging at pool ( not allowed) & local said they rent a room for their grandkids to swim. Yeah we saw them walk off property pools in area 25 cents to swim in county! Then room next door we saw something not right next morning while eating at waffle house, waitress she saw it too told me NOT TO BOOK another night to find better hotel. Yet its sad this place was AT THIS time is Clean, nice, but a few of the locals that hang in this area on street etc makes it a place to Stay one night Only! This was not one of my better Motel 6 stays, our room was great. Just next door something was up and I notified the proper city authorites after we left.

• Liked — price and room was updated at least ours was after reading other past complaints
  • Disliked — pool not being checked when complaints, and some guest who hang out of rooms and stare
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed October 26, 2006

This place has got to be the biggest [----] hole excuse for a hotel. Checked in on businsess supposed to stay there a week but checked out the next morning, creeps, druggies and scum hanging out all night. The staff was the same caliber of the trash that hung out around the property.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — staying
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)