“Excellent hotel it was like home”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent hotel it was like home”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband, 6.5 month old baby, and I stayed here while visiting my grandfather and my husband's aunt and uncle. We selected The Holiday Inn express based on other positive reviews here on TA as well as location to those we were visiting. I had never stayed here so I always worry about a new place. No need to. This place was great, right beside the mall and restaurants were not too far. I loved it.

We arrived Saturday morning before check-in time Mr. Tyrone let me tell you, was so nice and helpful. (Look like he was doing some cleaning he had the vacuum out LOL). He greeted us with a smile, and had no problem checking us in and getting us to our room. Give us welcome package and the works. We drove most of the night so we were just ready to get in the room. After checking us in, I told Mr. Tyrone now he can get back to vacuum we laugh. I told him (I love a man that cleans). The room was very clean (I didn't find a single hair... yay!) and very spacious. The bed was comfy. Thums-up to the housekeepers the breakfast bar was nice with plenty to choose from and it was well-staffed and stocked all the way up to the 9:30am. I actually felt as comfortable as if I were at home staying in this hotel! Oh, and the outdoor pool were very nice. Although this hotel is beautiful, it is also family friendly. We saw other children and we saw lots of other families. I think it was a team or something. However the Holiday Inn express is the place to stay. We went to down town and had a good time. We had fun and will be coming back.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Excellent stay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Milton, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel in August. This has to be the best Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at so far. Friendly Staff, Nice clean rooms & bathrooms, comfortable beds. Fantastic breakfast. There is a great variety.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Kathy and Shaquoia, both of whom work at the front desk, provided outstanding customer service to both my son and me, even though I was far away in San Antonio.

My 18-year old son decided to leave his college in Charleston and we booked a room for him at this hotel. Kathy welcomed him, helped him tape up the boxes in which all of his belongings had been shipped, and even fed him pizza!! As a concerned mother, I was so grateful to Kathy for taking him in.

Then, Shaquioa went out of her way to help me get those three big boxes shipped back home to us in San Antonio. I e-mailed the mailing labels to her and she fixed them on the boxes. She also offered to arrange for the boxes to be picked up by UPS. She sent me an e-mail and called me when everything was ready to go.

These women were incredibly helpful and I am so thankful for all they did for my son and me during a stressful forty-eight hour period.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Yvonne G
New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this property four years ago, were very pleased, and decided to stay there again on this trip. We were not disappointed. The place is in excellent condition, the staff is very helpful, the hot breakfast was nice, the A/C worked well, and the beds were comfortable. This is a great choice for visitors to Charleston. Much cheaper and quieter than places in town, and only about 15 minutes from the historic district of Charleston via I-26.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the rear of the motel and may be quieter. We faced the front of the proper...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband was assigned to a horrible, dirty hotel across the street for his reserve weekend. We stayed there one night and checked out. Luckily, this hotel had a room available. The room was super clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. The beds are extremely comfortable!! We had a lovely breakfast which included really good cinnamon rolls, our daughters loved them! Thank you HIE for making up for the horrible experience we had prior to our stay with you :)

• Stayed August 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The room was exceptionally clean and the overall cleanliness and appearance of the hotel was great. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained and the food was very good. The staff was courteous and professional. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for a long term work assignment. The parking was ample, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful in solving my coworkers issues to his satisfaction. My room was great and was a very good price. The grounds were nice for being in a city. A small stream runs through the parking lot. Very nice.

Room Tip: The king plus kitchenette is great for long term stay!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#4 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Address: 7670 Northwoods Blvd, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406-4032
#7 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#9 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
#11 Family Hotel in North Charleston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate