“Great hotel, great staff, highly recommended!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on business and was very impressed with the overall service and value of this property. I work in the hospitality business, so I know what to look out for. My room was available for early check in thanks to Michelle at the front desk. I think I was assigned a suite since I had a couch/living room area and a microwave, sink and refrigerator. The room was spotless and included nice amenities. I must be thorough and admit the room did have a slight odor, but I'm not overly sensitive and it wasn't bad enough to complain or request a room move. The breakfast was on point for Holiday Inn Express standards. The manager's reception was phenomenal. There are great nearby restaurants and shopping and the location was perfect for getting a good night's sleep. Special thanks to Joe, Anthony and Cheryl who all helped arrange shuttle service during our stay and were always friendly and helpful whenever encountered. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again if ever in the N. Charleston area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MD L

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I used this hotel for business meetings for a little over a year. I have stayed at this location close to 20 times, I enjoy it so much I book personal rooms during vacation here. The staff is excellent, and has always treated me as a member of the family. My business needs have not brought me to the area in about 6 months, and I miss the people and location. As soon as I am able to get back to Charleston this is the hotel I will go with. The entire place has been updated, everything is new, not that it needed it. A lot to do around the hotel and plenty to eat. I am a seasoned traveler both business and personal, take the reviews from those of us that pretty much live in hotels. This location has a Torchbearer award for a reason!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Rooms seem to be of average size with extremely high ceilings that make for a spacious feeling inside the room. Breakfast was great, staff was constantly cleaning and refilling the breakfast area. You will be extremely pleased with this hotel especially if u compare it to the ones around it.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for several days and enjoyed it. It is close to a mall and several restaurants as well as I-26, which you will use frequently if you want to go to downtown Charleston. Depending on traffic, it is about 15to 25 minutes from the hotel to get to the main touristy stuff downtown. Parking is free and there is a small outdoor pool. The continental breakfast was not bad and they rotated the selections daily (eggs, sausage, bacon, omelets, biscuits, pancakes, etc.). The staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had plenty of space. Our room had a small microwave and refrigerator. There is a very small business center right by the front desk with a PC and printer-- perfect for printing off boarding passes. Wi-fi is free throughout the hotel. The main thing that I appreciated most is that this is the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in and I would happily stay there again. We slept well and did not feel like the walls were paper thin. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I made a reservation online at this hotel for October 2012. The reservation had a curious error. It had that I reserved a King Suite (correct) but that I requested 2 double beds (!!!). I decided to contact the hotel directly and reached Anthony at the front desk. To my surprise he had my reservation on his computer! That's excellent computer inter-connectivity. Not only did he have my reservation he immediately corrected the small error and sent me an email confirming the corrected reservation. He was pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient, and quick. If he is the norm at this establishment then I know I made the right decision to spend my time at their hotel on my vacation. After all, a poor experience at your hotel can ruin any vacation! Who needs that? I'm looking forward to staying at this hotel and meeting Anthony in person.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your pre-hotel experience with us and I will share your comments with Anthony. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you share your post stay comments with us also!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Upon our return trip to Canada we chose this hotel for close proximity to the interstate and close to sightseeing in Charleston. The front desk staff were so helpful and friendly. My husband and I were on the 2nd floor and it was a great room, very clean. Unfortunately, my cousin and his wife were on the 1st floor next to the pool, and were disturbed by a party of people who had no common sense or respect for others, keeping them awake until they had to complain. Management took care of the problems, but rules are posted that the pool is closed at 10:00, this was our only complaint about the stay. The hotel is within walking distance to a mall, dining, etc. We did not have the opportunity to enjoy the managers reception on a holiday Monday. Overall this was a good choice, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't book a room near the pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank isabel67
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! Canuks traveling are a good part of our business and we are always pleased to have our northern neighbors in house! Thank you for sharing your comments about the posted pool hours not being honored. We met with our evening courtesy officers and talked about how letting the closing time slide a bit impacts other guests. We are all on the same page now and your comments helped us to get there. Big thanks for that! Happy future travels!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This has to be the cleanest hotel we have stayed in for YEARS!! Prompt solutions to any concerns and most helpful for getting around the city! The continental breakfast was wonderful and HOT!! Front desk staff could not had been more friendly or more helpful!!

Room Tip: The rooms that over look the pool are nice!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ddbristow
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Best Western Charleston Inn
Best Western Charleston Inn
#24 of 61 in Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston North
#12 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston /  West Ashley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and S...
#7 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Address: 7670 Northwoods Blvd, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406-4032
#7 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#9 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
#11 Family Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range: $113 - $198 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate