“Great value”

Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm a traveling salesman an I'm always looking for a good value and this hotel has it. The rooms are clean. The breakfast is a Hot or cold choice of food which always goes well with the Wall Street Journal. The staff is friendly and cheerful. Being close to an interstate is helpful.
John E.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stay in Choice Privilege properties only. I have stayed at this motel over 300 times in the last 2 years. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is always ready to help.

Room Tip: Very good location
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

The overall state of our room was sad - in need of a complete redoing - evidenced by the dust around the carpeted baseboards, the layers of paint around the vanity area, the yellowed plastic over the vanity lighting, etc., etc. The room became even less than average when the toilet ran all night (due to an obvious leak), the shower curtain because of the installation of the shower rod, slid repeatedly to the center of the bowed rod thus providing no coverage, and there was a 2-1/2 inch welcoming roach on the wall in the morning. For the price of the room, it was just not worth it, and this will be the last time we will stay at a Quality Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank iwanderbutimnotlost
Aberdeen, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Was pleasantly pleased with my overall accommodations. The service was great, the staff was very friendly. The room could use some updating, but it was clean. It was definitely a bargin price for the area and its amenities! It was right at the outlet mall. Lots of choices for food! Exellent location!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eve E
Santee, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We travel more than the average person, work releated so we see it all. Spent a week here, first room had the ac out of the wall and nasty run off gunck on the floor. Got another and the biggest complaint was not being able to walk barefoot on the carpet without your feet turning black! The lobby served a simple breakfast....nothing fancy but if filled you. The old dial microwave was hard to time your heating. Burned everything.I heated and scalded my mouth on warm ups with coffee. AC cover wouldn't stay on, dropped off once in the middle of the night...so much for sleep. The male staff at the front desk were friendly, a bit more than some of the female staff. Finding staff that speak English that you can understand anymore is a plus in itself. Power was off one morning, not the hotel fault but I was late for everything. So just pack bedroom shoes and don't set on the floor, don't walk barefoot on the floor and if you drop something....throw it out!!! I walked on the floor after getting out of the shower and wiped my foot on a towel....this photo below is what 20 minutes got me! You know a steam cleaner wouldn't break the bank and maybe the rooms would smell a bit better.

Room Tip: Look at it before you pay!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BeGee G
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The room was clean and contained microwave as well as refrigerator. TV was mounted on wall and was 32" Samsung Plasma. Bathroom and sink area very clean. A/C worked well and plenty of parking. Went next door to outlet Mall and got gas and some stuff at Walmart. Plenty of fast food and other restaurants in the Mall area. I ate at McAlisters Deli and it was GREAT. Paid $62 for the night and found that to be reasonable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

The room was disgusting (with a STRONG mildew smell), the sink was clogged (no one EVER came to fix it), the toilet makes noise in the middle of the night, the breakfast is awful and cold, you have to fight the tv to work again, if you cut it off and they GAVE SOMEONE ELSE MY ROOM KEY! I was jumping out the shower and I usually have the latch on the door but i forget sometimes, and some guy I dont even know just walked in! He didnt know my room was already taken so im guessing he had just checked in.

Theres this heavy white woman who tried to sneak extra money from me, thinking i was stupid. Im glad I asked what I was being charged right before she used my card otherwise she wouldve overcharged me by $21.50! I asked her what the charge was for and she said it was a penalty for having a dog in my room. I told her I dont own a frackin dog and she said she heard the dog at 3am!

#1 I was up at 3am i didnt hear not a single dog....

#2 I DONT HAVE A FREAKIN DOG....

#3 You are head of housekeeping, what were you doing here at 3am and why isnt a desk clerk here to charge my room?
I had to wait for someone to come check my room before they switched it and when I told her she wasnt about to swipe my card until the bill was fixed she got an attitude with me.

Housekeeping is disrespectful, even if you have the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign up they still come to knock on your door and they wont stop banging down the door until you answer. In some cases they came twice. Ive come back to my room to find a housekeeper in there even though I had the DND sign up. Long story short one of my jackets I bought form Wilson Leather was mysteriously missing and the front desk didnt do anything about it and I had to make a police report.

Speaking of Police, there were hookers going door to door offering services. I kid you not, at flike 6pm I get this knock on the door and my husband answers the door and I hear a woman telling him if he need to "releive his stress" he could for $60 for 30mins. I guess she didnt know I was in the room because he told her he was married and she said "your wife is gone, you have time" I HAD TO GET UP AND YELL AT HER TO GET HER AWAY FROM MY DOOR! The police ended up coming out because i guess a few people complained about the hookers, ut nothing was done on the end of law enforcement.

AND the room is pretty much infested with spiders! They are on the sink, in the corners, on the ceilings, under the lamp shades, next to the tv, pretty much ANYWHERE you can find a corner, you WILL find a spider(s).

THIS HOTEL IS JUST A DISGRACE TO MOTELS ALL AROUND THE WORLD. I WOULDNT SPIT ON IT OR THE STAFF THAT WORKED THERE IF YOU PAYED ME TO. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!

The only upside to this is that its next to an Outlet Mall..... and Walmart

Room Tip: You want a tip? Pick a DIFFERENT hotel!!! TURN AWAY!!! DO NOT GO!!! Its NOT worth it!!! Nooooooo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family