“Ok for staying one night.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #53 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel the night before we headed out on a cruise and the night we got back. We weren't in the hotel much at all because we were sightseeing. It was an adequate place to stay for the night. The sink and bathroom area were extremely clean. The comforters, floor, and furniture were a little worn but ok. The thing that freaked me out was the huge bug I found on my sister's pillow this morning that had probably creeped in through the large slot between the floor and the door.

The staff was very nice, and they had my favorite breakfast--biscuits and gravy! The staff let us check in EXTREMELY early on a Sunday morning when we got back from the cruise so we didn't have to carry our luggage all over town.

We stayed here because the price was right for us. I'm not much of a picky person, so it was a nice stay for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly D
rodewayinnnorthcharl, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. While we must dispute any suggestion of an insect problem at this hotel, I do apologize if we fell short in any way of completely meeting your expectations. I’m glad you had a nice stay with us and hope you’ll come again. We’ve made some improvements in the hotel since the time of this stay.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Bad Location. Old rooms that smell bad . My husband could not sleep due to the odors. Cheap towels. Dirty floors. Poor selection for Breakfast. Nice staff. They try.They are really what Charleston is all about :the people. They are so nice. But this place is not. North Charleston is a rough place, I know, I used to live here. I was hoping the years would change things, but sadly if this hotel is what North Charleston has to offer, then it is still the same as it was 15 years ago. I guess you really get what you paid for, be best to go elsewhere ...... .but again a great staff.They were the best part of the stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BeachladyFlorida

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We take great pride in the hotel, it’s location and our free breakfast offerings. Many guests are satisfied each day. I’m sincerely sorry, however, if we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We strive to offer the best accommodations in town but may sometimes fall short. We’ve been constantly improving since the time of your stay and hope you will try us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ok short of sounding totally negative in my review, I will say it is a nice location.The staff was freindly and courteous A+,This hotel is not well maintained,There are others to be had in the same area at a cheaper price.They do try to compete breakfast and such things.It was just pitiful no fault of desk people,it just needs some help.

Room Tip: Try the waffle house across the street good breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cruiserttd

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations. We try to provide a great combination of amenities and value, but we sometimes fail. Please forgive us and understand that the property has improved significantly since your stay with us. I hope you’ll try us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2012

At first I was nervous because I heard bad reviews about North Charleston; however, the manager Kim, assured me that I need not worry. I have to agree with her. Our stay (36 Sailors in 12 rooms) was a good one; the rooms were clean and did not smell also the staff was very accommodating and seemed eager to please our needs. The location is superb and if I plan an event in the area I will most definitely use my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Done turn the AC on high or you will freeze.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
kim h, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We are glad that you all enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we most definitely look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for your support and be safe!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Don't bother trying to save a little cash for just a place to sleep at this place. It's noisy and mostly the filthiest place I've ever had the displeasure of staying. The bathroom floor was disgusting with black grout where there was still grout between the floor tiles. Linens, sheets and towels were stained. The manager was rude and unyeilding when asked if someone could come clean the room again and more thoroughly, if we could have a different room or if we could get our money back so we could go elsewhere. There are other hotels in the area for about the same price. Try them and leave this place alone.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa S

I recently read your review and I am not aware of this event happening and I apologize that had you a bad experience at our hotel, although I do appreciate the your review. If you could please call the hotel @ 843-572-2228 and ask for Kim. I would be more than happy to correct this. My goal is to make sure that our guest our happy and want to return. I look forward to talking to you.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my 2nd visit here, and it was more enjoyable this time than even last. The location is great, it's close to the mall and some amazing restaurants... It's also a relatively close drive to Downtown Charleston.

The rooms and the property were well maintained and the staff was friendly.

For the price, it's a great deal, with breakfast and plenty to do.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the exit are more quiet, and that is where my room was, it was also really clean...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was my first trip toward. West coast.. hotel have an excellent location. With great room price I paid. Overall its worth it what you paying for. Don't look at the negative reviews. Next time I will definitely stay there..

• Stayed: July 2012
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#5 of 60 in North Charleston
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & ...
#28 of 60 in North Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#17 of 60 in North Charleston

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!