Rodeway Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(North Charleston)
Quality Inn(North Charleston)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

At first I was nervous because I heard bad reviews about North Charleston; however, the manager Kim, assured me that I need not worry. I have to agree with her. Our stay (36 Sailors in 12 rooms) was a good one; the rooms were clean and did not smell also the staff was very accommodating and seemed eager to please our needs. The location is superb and if I plan an event in the area I will most definitely use my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Done turn the AC on high or you will freeze.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
kim h, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We are glad that you all enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we most definitely look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for your support and be safe!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Don't bother trying to save a little cash for just a place to sleep at this place. It's noisy and mostly the filthiest place I've ever had the displeasure of staying. The bathroom floor was disgusting with black grout where there was still grout between the floor tiles. Linens, sheets and towels were stained. The manager was rude and unyeilding when asked if someone could come clean the room again and more thoroughly, if we could have a different room or if we could get our money back so we could go elsewhere. There are other hotels in the area for about the same price. Try them and leave this place alone.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa S

I recently read your review and I am not aware of this event happening and I apologize that had you a bad experience at our hotel, although I do appreciate the your review. If you could please call the hotel @ 843-572-2228 and ask for Kim. I would be more than happy to correct this. My goal is to make sure that our guest our happy and want to return. I look forward to talking to you.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my 2nd visit here, and it was more enjoyable this time than even last. The location is great, it's close to the mall and some amazing restaurants... It's also a relatively close drive to Downtown Charleston.

The rooms and the property were well maintained and the staff was friendly.

For the price, it's a great deal, with breakfast and plenty to do.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the exit are more quiet, and that is where my room was, it was also really clean!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

To provide our guests with an enjoyable experience is our primary goal. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our staff and location. Your voice is so important to us and we hope you'll return so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a five star experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was my first trip toward. West coast.. hotel have an excellent location. With great room price I paid. Overall its worth it what you paying for. Don't look at the negative reviews. Next time I will definitely stay there..

• Stayed: July 2012

We appreciate your rating of our hotel and the feedback you have shared pertaining to our location and price. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Travelled here in May when my kids school ended. Sure, this isn't the nicest hotel in the world. Sure, there are nicer hotels in the area. BUT.. none of the other hotels in the area offer you the value of this hotel.

When you come to Charleston, you want to be out in the gorgeous city. You do not want to be spend much time in the hotel. Obviously if money is not an issue, then this might not be your place, but lets be honest, everyone can save money in some places, and this hotel is a great way to travel on a budget. Clean, friendly staff. Great location, near a shopping mall, movie theatre, lots of restaurants, etc. AND you can be in downtown Charleston in 15 minutes MAX.

I do recommend this place to everyone. It only got 5 stars because my trip was a 5 star trip. The hotel itself and the consciously knowing how much money I saved by staying here and the satisfying experience I got is what makes this a 5 star review. This is not a 5-star hotel compared to the hiltons and hyatts, but it is a 5-star hotel when looking at what you get for your money!

Room Tip: Get a room near the front. Those are better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us. We value your business and thank you for the insight regarding our staff and location. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.