“Great price, Great Location”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my 2nd visit here, and it was more enjoyable this time than even last. The location is great, it's close to the mall and some amazing restaurants... It's also a relatively close drive to Downtown Charleston.

The rooms and the property were well maintained and the staff was friendly.

For the price, it's a great deal, with breakfast and plenty to do.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the exit are more quiet, and that is where my room was, it was also really clean...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was my first trip toward. West coast.. hotel have an excellent location. With great room price I paid. Overall its worth it what you paying for. Don't look at the negative reviews. Next time I will definitely stay there..

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Travelled here in May when my kids school ended. Sure, this isn't the nicest hotel in the world. Sure, there are nicer hotels in the area. BUT.. none of the other hotels in the area offer you the value of this hotel.

When you come to Charleston, you want to be out in the gorgeous city. You do not want to be spend much time in the hotel. Obviously if money is not an issue, then this might not be your place, but lets be honest, everyone can save money in some places, and this hotel is a great way to travel on a budget. Clean, friendly staff. Great location, near a shopping mall, movie theatre, lots of restaurants, etc. AND you can be in downtown Charleston in 15 minutes MAX.

I do recommend this place to everyone. It only got 5 stars because my trip was a 5 star trip. The hotel itself and the consciously knowing how much money I saved by staying here and the satisfying experience I got is what makes this a 5 star review. This is not a 5-star hotel compared to the hiltons and hyatts, but it is a 5-star hotel when looking at what you get for your money!

Room Tip: Get a room near the front. Those are better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Thin doors can hear everything going on outside. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Right off the hwy not a bad area only a block away from nice restaurants and bars/clubs. Military discount is a plus too. Not a bad deal for the cost.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My Aunt reserved this room on another website for me for a family visit. When we arrived to the hotel the front desk person didn't have the credit card information that was given to the other website to pay for the room, the type of website that charges your card vs having the hotel charge your card. Anyway, the front desk person told me I had to give her my credit card information. When we went to the room there were yellow stains on the sheets, stains on the curtains, burn marks in the blankets and the bathroom was not clean. We asked for another room and when we got to that room it was dirty as well and had burn marks in the blankets. We then left and a couple hours later called to tell them we did not want to stay and had found another hotel. The hotel refused to refund our money and said that since we checked in we were stuck. Luckily, we contacted the website we reserved thru and they helped to get our money refunded. This hotel is horrible and for the price you can get much better. We ended up staying at the Sleep Inn for about $40 more and it was wonderful. This hotel is right off the highway and it is loud. The people are not friendly at all. I also did not feel safe in this area. Do not stay here find another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lori U
kim h, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

We apologize that you had a bad experience at our hotel and we appreciate you letting us know your bad experience, as it helps us to make our property better. I would most definitely like to find out what happened on our part, if you could please call the property and ask for the manager. Thank you for taking the time to lets us know. I looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Got a non-smoking room which was reasonably clean. Bathroom had a cleaning solution smell, which was not entirely unpleasant.

Didn't find anything that was especially unusual for a budget type location.

No real complaints. Just don't expect much.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great for the price. I guess I got a clean room or something, looking at the other reviews, but I made friends with my neighbors in the motel and they also had a positive experience. If nothing else, give this place a shot for the price. Prime location near many amenities, close to downtown, and significantly cheaper than most other hotels in the area.

Obviously it could be better, but I tried shopping for the best value motel in the area and I was satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Suburban Extended Stay Airport
Suburban Extended Stay Airport
#31 of 59 in North Charleston
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & ...
#27 of 59 in North Charleston
Red Roof Inn North Charleston
Red Roof Inn North Charleston
#37 of 59 in North Charleston
Quality Inn Coliseum
Quality Inn Coliseum
#46 of 59 in North Charleston

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!