“Good motel, but value is where this one wins”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Boston
“Good motel, but value is where this one wins”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great for the price. I guess I got a clean room or something, looking at the other reviews, but I made friends with my neighbors in the motel and they also had a positive experience. If nothing else, give this place a shot for the price. Prime location near many amenities, close to downtown, and significantly cheaper than most other hotels in the area.

Obviously it could be better, but I tried shopping for the best value motel in the area and I was satisfied.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here and was completely disappointed. People were getting arrested in the parking lot. The front desk people gave someone else a room key to our room. The internet did not work! The room smelled and was dirty! The only good thing was that we left early and they gave us our money back! Spend a little extra money and stay at one of the other hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jamie R
rodewayinnnorthcharl, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. You’ll be pleased to learn that every aspect of this property has been refreshed and improved since your brief visit, including our customer service. While we’re sorry that you couldn’t actually stay with us, we hope you’ll return soon to see how we’re changing and improving.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived and checked in in Thursday, we got to our room and it had not been cleaned yet. So we had to wait for them to clean it. Then the next day we had just gotten back from lunch and were laying in bed watching tv, and a maid just walked in... did not knock, nothing, just walked right in. We told her we did not need the room cleaned just new towels. She never brought them... I called the front deskdesk and they told me to come to the front desk and I could have some. Really? So I walked up front and there were 2 employees, doing nothing. Then on Saturday, I get woken up with someone banging on the door yelling house keeping... I was still asleep cause we went out the night before and didn't get in until late... so I went and asked if she could see the for not disturb sign on the door, she says to me, u are suppose to check out... which no we weren't we paid through Sunday but they messed it up on their systems so I also had to get that straightened out. On top of all this when I told someone about this and someone walking in our room unannounced all they said was oh, we will talk to them... im not going to say it ruined my vacation because I had a great time in Charleston outside of the hotel. I would recommend going to Charleston to anyone, but be warned, whatever u do, do not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank joelridings
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you found our service lacking. We have changed most aspects of this hotel since your stay, including our staffing. When you return to Charleston, please visit us to see how we’re better than ever before. You’ll be truly surprised. I apologize that we didn’t do better during your stay.

Huntington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is dirty, old, smelly and just plain NASTY. Yes, it is a cheap alternative to the outrageous hotel rates in the city. But, it is GROSS. I was scared to even put my bare feet on the floor. The carpet was covered in stains, the comforter had holes all over it, and everything was falling apart. I made my fiance go out to the car and get our blankets and cover the bed sheet in them so I could feel comfortable laying down. I barely slept because it was so loud and quite frankly I was a bit scared to go to sleep. Just save yourself the sixty bucks and DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren M
Dear Guest,

While I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback, I must tell you that many guests are pleased with the combination of convenience, value and comfort we provide. We have also made significant improvements to the hotel since you stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with this stay and strongly encourage you to try us again.

Mississauga
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Absolutely terrible, killed a giant spider inside door. Horrible breakfast choices, coffee weak, weak. Requested non smoking and first they gave a stinking smoking room. Asked for ground floor and had to push for it. DO NOT STAY HERE....Didn't take a shower a didn't want to use tub..

Room Tip: Don't face highway - in fact just don't stay there
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BarbkenMississauga
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m terribly sorry that you were dissatisfied when so many others have had a great experience here. We’ve made significant improvements to the motel in recent months, and you would probably enjoy a future stay much more. Still, I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was just here about 1 month ago, and I was encountered by a very friendly desk clerk. The property was very well maintained and clean. The room I was assigned was also very clean, and I could tell that a lot of renovations have recently been done.
I met the owner and despite what other reviewers have said, he was very friendly and especially helpful on the best sights.
For the price I paid, I was very content with my stay there, and I would surely go back. It may have been as bad as the other reviews indicated at one point, but I'd surely give it a try if you are looking for a bargain.

Room Tip: I had a room facing Hardee's and it was newly renovated, quiet, and quaint
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2011

After driving for several we needed someplace too sleep. We were wrong in picking the place. Old bathroom was disgusting Tilley paper was an old roll of Tilley that got wet. Tub was so disgusting could shower, shower curtain looked like petri dish. Wouldn't take my luggage slept in clothes and shoes. Live and learn. Don't stop keep driving

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary1440
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and am sorry that you were dissatisfied when so many others have found our rooms clean, comfortable and a great value. Still, I apologize that we could not satisfy you. We have made a lot of changes recently and can promise an even better experience to all future guests.