“With the price a great place to stay”

Red Roof Inn North Charleston
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very clean room to sleep in and change, no frills
Good location
Good prices
Friendly Staff
Pet Friendly
Close to several food facilities and mall
Only thing missing was a small frig and small micro for convenience. Was impressed with the quality for the price. Coffee was offered in the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side are quiet and easy to get too
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
i0142, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

My staff and I would like to thank you for your positive comments. We enjoy hearing about the great experiences our guests have, and appreciate your feedback. We love providing guests with excellent service so I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay as well as the convenience of the nearby attractions. I would also like to mention, that we offer select rooms that include the micro/ fridges, iron and ironing boards, in-room coffee, and a hair dryer. For future references, those rooms are called our “superior king rooms” and are offered for $5 more. We look forward for your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was clean and appeared to have been recently remodeled and updated. There isn't an elevator, so be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs. We were going to stay 3 nights, but checked out after one. I didn't feel safe in this motel; actually put the chair in front of the door. It is supposed to be a smoke free motel, but the lobby smelled like cigarettes and the person in the room next to ours stood on the balcony and smoked. So much for fresh air. The office staff was friendly enough, but the rest of the staff couldn't have cared less about us. I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
i0142, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay due to the smell of smoke. I can understand how frustrating that may be. Our goal is to ensure every guest feels comfortable and safe. We have a front desk clerk at the desk 24 hours a day for our guest’s convenience. We also have a security guard here on the weekends, so in the future, please contact the front desk so they can assist you with any problems you may have. We value you as a guest and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend and liked the hotel. The receptionist was friendly and even upgraded the room with out any charge. It may not be a good suit if you want to stay to close to downtown or want a fancy hotel. For the money I paid, I think it's good deal. The only reason why I wouldn't give 5 star is the bathroom was relatively small and got clogged up just before we left.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmpageni
i0142, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

My staff and I would like to thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms as well as the service that was provided to you. Positive feedback like yours is always an encouragement to the staff and myself. It is always our goal to deliver great service and quality rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

To Management or Corporate President: Red Roof Inn, N.Charleston , SC. # 142

Chiquitta R Phillips - the Manager , Wendy Front Desk, Kelly - Front Desk, Shirley - Housekeeping and Jasmine- Housekeeping .

They need to be rewarded for the little things that they did, that separated the Red Roof Inn from other Hotels in that area. Some of them may have been cheaper and they may even been nicer, but their customer service over compensated for all their short comings.

Look forward to returning soon!

Sincerely former guests,

Mr. White, Mr. Faulkner

Room Tip: A Fitness center would be Great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our services. I have shared your feedback with Kellie, Whendy, Jasmine, and Shirley. We all appreciate being recognized for our services. I want to thank you again for the positive comments, and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I arrived, I was greeted by Devin who was very friendly and very courteous. Even though hotels.com messed my reservation up by misspelling my name and not sending it to Red Roof Inn's data base and me fussing and arguing, Devin remained very professional and even apologized for the inconvenience even through it was not the hotel's fault. I will never use hotel.com to make hotel reservations ever again. As far as the room, the room was clean, nice, and very cozy. I just wish that they have at least a microwave in the standard rooms though. I had a very nice stay and a very nice rest that night to the point where I did not want to get up the next morning. I like the fact that check out is at 12pm instead of 10am like most hotels. I would check in with Red Roof Inn again, however I will call them directly next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
i0142, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms as well as the service Devin provided you. He was very thankful that you recognized and shared your appreciation of his assistance. Positive feedback like yours is always an encouragement to the staff and myself. It is always our goal to deliver great service and quality rooms. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel ever. The wood floor (instead of the usual moquette) is the only valuable thing. Our double room was poor: no hairdryer (I mean, really?!), poor choice of tv channels and no tv remote controller, no wifi in our room (it was necessary to go outside). But most of all was DIRTY: hairs in the floor, dirt in the sink, dust in the forniture, spots in both bedcovers in boths sides. Sheets in one of the bed were dirty too with dark spots under the pillow. Towels were dirty too and some of them had holes. We left them on the floor in order to be sure that they would have been changed. The following morning we required full service cleaning putting the card on the pillow as for the instructions BUT NOTHING HAPPENED: dirty sheets with spots under the pillow and dirty towels with holes (!!!) were still at their locations. This is unbelievable and unacceptable. And do you want to know what else was incredible? Looking for the controller we found an empty bottle of vodka and food gone bad leftover into the drawers. It' s clear that they 'clean' only were they see. Moreover, after the cleaning and with us out of the room for the whole day, the room smelled of smoke. Considering that I have seen women smoke inside the lobby I reasonably believe that they smoked inside or near our room. Wasn't it supposed to be a smoke free hotel? The last night there were 4 patrol cars outside our room...if 1 can help me to feel more safe, 4 don't help me to feel comfortable, just scared.

• Stayed: July 2013
i0142, General Manager at Red Roof Inn North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I would like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our goal is to exceed expectations and in this case we let you down. We pride ourselves on the quality of our rooms, so I just want to let you know, that I am very disappointed that you did not receive excellent service. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff to ensure nothing like this happens in the future. We value you as a guest and it is my hope that you would give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. I would also like to mention, that we offer select rooms that include the micro/ fridges, iron and ironing boards, in-room coffee, and a hair dryer. For future references, those rooms are called our “superior king rooms” and are offered for $5 more. If you choose to opt out of that room, we do have hair dryers at the front desk that guests can check out. I want to thank you again for your feedback, and again apologize for the bad experience you had at our inn.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed for five nights with our teenage granddaughters. We requested adjacent rooms, which were ready and waiting for us on arrival. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, our beds were totally comfortable, and we liked the location. We were close enough to the attractions we wanted to see, but in a quiet and restful area. There are several restaurants nearby, including a Wendy's next door, offering a good scale of pricing and types of food choices. The facility obviously isn't new, but we thought it was well kept, and we would gladly choose to stay there again. The only weakness for us was the lack of an in-room coffeemaker, but free coffee was available in the lobby. All in all, good job, Red Roof!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

My staff and I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. We love hearing guest feedback and positive feedback like yours is always an encouragement not only for the staff but for me as well. I am glad that we are able to accommodate your needs and that you enjoyed having the nearby restaurants at your leisure. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations when your future travels require lodging.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Quality Inn Coliseum
Quality Inn Coliseum
#47 of 60 in North Charleston
WoodSpring Suites Charleston Ashley Phosphate
WoodSpring Suites Charleston Ash...
#40 of 60 in North Charleston
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & ...
#28 of 60 in North Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#17 of 60 in North Charleston
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 3 in Goose Creek
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#44 of 60 in North Charleston

Been to Red Roof Inn North Charleston? Share your experiences!