Charleston Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stayover Lodge(North Charleston)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Coliseum(North Charleston)
Rodeway Inn(North Charleston)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Clarion Inn chain has always lived up to my expectations. The difference is the staff. Greeting me with respect and a beautiful smile was Dasiree. Check-in was easy and the room was comfy and pretty quiet (considering you're near the highway). Dasiree was so helpful with directions and even gave me a dime for the parking meters :) Thanks Dasiree. The breakfast was good but again the staff -- Georgie -- keeping the place clean and everything refilled with a wonderful smile and good morning. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJHardy81
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Property is well manicured, and alot of time has been spent on landscaping. Check-in was painless, and when we got to the 2nd floor, I noticed a slight odor in the hallway. I guess it was because this is an older building. Once we got to the room, I didn't notice the smell. Our room was fine, except that the volume and power buttons didn't work on the remote. I went down to the front desk and told them the problem, and they moved us to another room. We had a king bed, with a couch. The tv had a bunch of channels, and they were very clear. Bathroom was clean also. We went to the pool one afternoon, and we were the only ones there. The pool was clean, and it's 8 ft on one end. For breakfast they had scrambled eggs with sausage, plain scrambled eggs, french toast, biscuits, sausage gravy, boiled eggs, muffins, yogurt, bananas, apples, packaged grits and oatmeal, white & wheat toast, bagels, fruit loops, frosted flakes, raisan bran, 2% milk, whole milk, coffee, orange juice, apple juice. Both mornings, the lady that was refilling the breakfast bar came over to us and asked if everything was okay, and she also asked us if we needed anything. (great service) As a previous poster said, this is not the Hilton, but I thought it was fine, and I would go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon14-6
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had 3 rooms for 4 nights. The hotel is a little dated but good for the price.

The staff was excellent. The ladies that run the breakfast buffet were fantastic. They brought food to my mom (who is 86 yrs old and cant walk well)... above the call of duty. They were so kind and made us feel at home and kept the buffet well stocked.

The cleaning staff kept our rooms spotless and the front desk staff were very courteous.

Hotel is slightly dated but it is close to a highway that takes you into dowtown charleston on 15 minutes.

Not the Hilton but not bad for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank robert913
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I checked in on Friday the 31, 2 young ladys working the desk seems to be getting the guest in and out right before we checked in there was a lady checking into 6 rooms, what was odd to me not to mention the employee child that was screaming and crying to whole time, but they asian lady never gave the lady her change and when she asked for it she said I will call you to give you your change.. huh that didnt' sit well. she asked the other lady to help and when she tired to help her but she was over talking her, my question is why did you ask for help?? We got settled in our room and came back to see the attractions that was in charleston when we asked the asian lady her response was I'm not from here and smile.. The breakfast was great the room was great but the customer service sucks I'm not sure if we will ever return

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TASHA J
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have never given such a low rating before, but on this stay the Clarion deserved it. It may be that it was because there was a PGA event going on that weekend, but the stay was poor at best. We had booked two doubles for our family of four, and when we checked in at 11 p.m., they only had a king bedded room for us and no cots available. They said it was not booked as a two bedded room and that I must have gone through a 3rd party booking cmpany - until I showed them my receipt from Choice Hotels!
Finally (after about an hour) they found a room for us. Room was marginal; hairs in bed and on pillows, lots of road noise.
I felt sorry for the staff, who seemed to be trying; every time I was in the lobby they were dealing with upset customers, including one who called the police due to a dispute with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family