“rusty rusty”

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Scottsburg, Indiana
“rusty rusty”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The worse part was the terrible shower heads that had rust built up on them. I should have taken a pic of them and compared them to the pamphlet. That is what the Q stands for today.
The afternoon I checked in there was no water at all. the staff said the were working ton the plumbing.
When I went to take a shower there was no HOT WATER!!!!!! This was at 9 in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stopped here on my way home from Hilton Head. The evening clerk Syed was extremely nice and helpful.

But - the room had water stains on the wall and ceiling. Patches of plaster had been pulled off where there might have been a mirror or a picture. The ceiling light in the bathroom was rusted and hanging down from the ceiling and there were roaches in the sink. The bed cover had stains - not sure if it had not been washed or if they were permanent stains.

I am really not picky but this was just icky.

The morning desk clerk Peggy was downright unfriendly. The breakfast closes at 9am and I showed up at 9:03 and absolutely everything had been put away. I was told that there was nothing left - no fruit, no rolls, no yoghurt because of the big crowd. When I got a cup of coffee the maid came in to move chairs around and mop with a strong smelling cleaning solution. I got the message and left.

I would not go back. I just did not feel clean or safe.

I have no complaints for other Quality Inns - try the 2 inns on Hilton Head or Beaufort.

Room Tip: The night staff is great - the morning staff was grumpy. If you chose to stay - check the room befo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I use a wheelchair and have had a difficult time finding hotels that have proper and readily available shower chairs. When we registered at the hotel, they informed that the shower chair was in the room and offered assistance with luggage and anything else I might need help with.
The room was very large with a king bed. The carpeting was clean and the room was fresh smelling.
Breakfast was the the typical hot waffles, yogurt, cereals, pastries, juice etc. The best part is that it starts at 6am, which is when I am ready to eat and get on the road.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. You will not be disappointed...
Thank you Syed for being so accomidating.

Room Tip: this is a quite location, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 21, 2013

the clerk has been great.i have no problems with the rooms or any other services,everthing were magnificent.They can keep it up mite have to live there. lol. It just feel so comfortable.This is a great place to take business trip in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Sc
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since January 2007 and it is with great pleasure that I commend Richard Pounder for being a great CSR. I've known him since I've been staying at the Quality Inn and each time I visit and Richard is on duty I can always expect a smile from him. There are times when you go in the lobby and he is very busy but upon my entering he always takes the time to say hi. I last stayed at this hotel on November 16, 2013 and while having breakfast that Sunday prior to my leaving, Richard left his duties at the front desk to come check on the kitchen.and offer substitutions for food items that had run out. He also took the time to tidy up after other patrons had left.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great job Richard Clark-Pounder went out of his way to make sure my stay went perfect. keep up the great work. I felt very welcome and the entire staff was very professional. I needed towels and they brought them to my room within 3 min, now that's service..

Room Tip: All was great in the room bed and food.. I will be back.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I personally stay here a lot, not because of it being the best property or being a 4-5 star hotel in which it can and should be but I stay because of the hospitality inspite there company's lack of ect. Now dont misunderstand its a nice property but could use minor upgrading but is great for the quick get away or business trip. I especially love the outstanding respect I get from Syed at the front desk he seems to always be there when I stay and its because of his down to earth attitude and accommodating services that really keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in any of the front buildings..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends