“Thanks Richard”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since January 2007 and it is with great pleasure that I commend Richard Pounder for being a great CSR. I've known him since I've been staying at the Quality Inn and each time I visit and Richard is on duty I can always expect a smile from him. There are times when you go in the lobby and he is very busy but upon my entering he always takes the time to say hi. I last stayed at this hotel on November 16, 2013 and while having breakfast that Sunday prior to my leaving, Richard left his duties at the front desk to come check on the kitchen.and offer substitutions for food items that had run out. He also took the time to tidy up after other patrons had left.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great job Richard Clark-Pounder went out of his way to make sure my stay went perfect. keep up the great work. I felt very welcome and the entire staff was very professional. I needed towels and they brought them to my room within 3 min, now that's service..

Room Tip: All was great in the room bed and food.. I will be back.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I personally stay here a lot, not because of it being the best property or being a 4-5 star hotel in which it can and should be but I stay because of the hospitality inspite there company's lack of ect. Now dont misunderstand its a nice property but could use minor upgrading but is great for the quick get away or business trip. I especially love the outstanding respect I get from Syed at the front desk he seems to always be there when I stay and its because of his down to earth attitude and accommodating services that really keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in any of the front buildings..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I feel that I paid way too much money for a hotel that appeared run down. We got in the room it smelled terrible. We were there for a concert so when we got back from the concert and decided to go to bed we noticed blood stains on the sheets of both beds. We called the front desk and they moved us to a different room. However, I was leery to stay after the uncleanliness of the last room. Looking back on the experience, I wish I would have just asked for a refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

First and foremost I never post reviews unless service goes above and beyond expectations.The breakfast did not open until 6; however, the Hotel Lobby employee,Syed, was very accommodating to us early birds. He opened the breakfast early at 5:20 just so we could eat. Can't thank him enough! Syed's accommodating service would prompt us to stay here again. He was very friendly as well and open to help us in any way it was needed. You don't find service like this too often. Thanks again Syed.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here two days while visiting my boyfriend. When we walked in the room, it smelled awful, but I chalked that up to it being a smoking room. Bed spread had cigarette burns and the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been. Didn't see bed bugs, but saw baby roaches crawling around on the floors. I'm still paranoid that I brought some home with me. I'd pay more money to stay elsewhere if I knew what I was getting myself into. I toughed it out those two nights and then moved to the holiday inn express in moncks corner for the rest of my stay. I forfeited showering at the quality inn out of fear of fungi so I was so thankful for the shower in a CLEAN bathroom at the holiday inn. I should have just spent the money for a better room instead of trying to save money. If you have no other choice than to stay here, it's not so bad just keep bags off floor and shake everything out. Your best bet is to stay elsewhere if you can afford it.

Front desk were really friendly, though.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Syed at the front desk is always ready to help, the rooms are neat and clean, the location is convenient to the interstate and food is close by. The value for your money is very good at this hotel, and I will be staying here again next month when business brings me back to the area.

• Stayed: September 2013