“Great Value Hotel for the Budget!”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Taylors, South Carolina
“Great Value Hotel for the Budget!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great staff on hotel desk! Shawn (Syed Mehdi0 was exceptional in being gracious, very friendly and attentive to our needs and very concerned about any problems. The lobby and room were very clean and attractive, the breakfast buffet was good, and the pool looked good, though I never got in. I know it wouldn't compare to a $200 room, but then again we paid just a little more than one quarter of that and were pleased. It was a very busy weekend and several hotels we called bumped up their rates from the $60 range to $150-160. I doubt the rate increase meant any better accommodations.

Room Tip: Best to check out the room before you take it--and relate any concerns to the front desk where someo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

i picked this hotel because of the location and the staff was friendly. close to restaurants and shopping malls. syed was extremely useful as our tour guide will stay again. north charleston has many options for staying overnight this hotel was fairly priced. the room was was up to standard tv was nice size fridge and microwave worked properly.

Room Tip: I would suggest the suite for your upcoming travels
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed in this property on many occasions on business trips to North Charleston. I do 125-plus nights per year on the road. I was impressed enough during previous visits to book an overnight for my family ( two rooms ) prior to a cruise departure the next day. My wife of 24 years has traveled the world; my kids are adults. No complaints from any of the three regarding broken, nasty bathroom areas. No complaints regarding anything at all. If you are considering a cruise on Carnival from the port of Charleston anytime in the future I would recommend this property as a frugal place to spend the night prior to boarding the next day. Ruby Tuesday is right across the street, McD and Bojangles next door. I have not experienced any of the problems expressed by the previous posters. The staff of this property, from the management to the housekeeping staff, have always been extremely cordial, helpful, and eager to please this guest. I will be back in the North Charleston area again on business next week and will be staying at this property for four nights; I'll book a room there again the next time I'm in town also for business or for travel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Charleston
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is awful. This was a last minute decision to stay here. Price is too high to pay for a nasty room. Our room was hot and humid. AC running, however temperature control knob was broken so our room never cooled completely. Bath tub very nasty. Long hairs all in the bath tub. Dryed Urine stains on Toilet. What looked like Dryed Blood on back of bathroom door. I had to purchase my own clorax clean-up spray and clean the bathroom just so that we could shower in a clean place. Also, the pillows on the beds are the size of throw pillows for your couch. RIDICULOUS!!! I have never written a review, but this place is ridicously nasty. We otiginally booked 2 nights, but we are only staying 1 night just because it is too late at night to find another place you stay at the last minute. I am truly DISGUSTED.....If you Dont want your vacation ruined, stay somewhere else

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank LesleyJ6
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed here for a night when we were at Charleston, its half an hour to the Isle of palms beach and Tidal wave water sports. It provides breakfast and the room was clean and comfortable for a good sleep.Will recommend this for stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

For a hotel with the word "quality" in it, this hotel cannot live up to the standards. I stayed just overnight on my way to Florida and I was glad it was just for one night. The refrigerator didn't work (smelled like it was going to start on fire/really hot to to the touch), the bath tub was NASTY! Maybe it was just extremely old, but it was gross!! It was supposed to be beige, but appeared more like it was deep brown from all the stains. I was too afraid to take a shower worried if it was that gross, I might get fungi on my feet if I stepped in it. I figured since the refrig didn't work, I'd fill my cooler with ice to keep my traveling snacks cold. Nope.. Ice machine was broken too... I could not believe they charged as much as they did for such a crap stay. I travel a lot and this is the worst hotel I've stayed in since 2011. I will never stay with Quality Inn again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MandaLynnB
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

my family and I booked quality in advance. we stayed four nights. this place is not for a family. we could not walk to our room with out drunks brothering us. we were scared to stay but hotel refuse to give us our money back. we paid in advance. hotel staff are aware of the drug problems., they give you excuse after excuse. they are drug dealers that hang out in the hallway. we saw several construction workers buying drugs from thugs. there's a guy that yes has a grill right out side his room. and he cooks on it. you must go around because he will not move his grill. he's part of the problem. not to mention they have no water sprinkles in room in case of a fire from him grilling. we saw several hookers. going from one room to another. your lights want work in room, nor will you find outlets to charge your phones. you will find drunk people fighting all night long. breakfast IS A JOKE. NO FRUIT, NO OATMEAL, DRY CEREAL AND OLD MUFFINS. ONCE THEY HAD WAFFLES. I'VE NEVER WROTE A REVIEW BEFORE. BUT, I DONT WANT OTHER FAMILIES TO STAY HERE. ITS NOT SAFE!! UNEASY ATMOSPHERE!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family