“Will definetly recommend to my friends”

Economy Inn and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Charleston
Economy Inn and Suites
Ranked #55 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed May 25, 2007

I was very surprised to see such a nice room at an economy motel. It
was clean, has microwave and refrigeraters that are clean. The staff and managers treated us so nice and were very friendly. It was like talking to a long lost relative. They made us feel that we were the most important guest that they had ever had. They have a beautiful outdoor pool, however we did not use it as the weather was rainy and cold. That's about it. I would definetly stay there again

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn and Suites

Reviewed March 25, 2007

The ECONOMY INN is Tthe NASTIEST DIRTIEST UNSAFE PLACE I have ever had the displeasure of staying in..Not one thing was good.Everything was dirty nothing worked.Druggies hang out in the parking lot

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cwolfejr1
A TripAdvisor Member
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed October 10, 2005

This was one of the cheapest rooms we could find, we just wanted something simple, nothing fancy. Had free wireless internet and the price great so we gave it a try. With tax it was around $36. The wireless internet worked great!! That was the PRO. The CON'S: Ceiling had water stains, the furniture was dirty, stained and falling apart. The bathroom was dirty and stained, towels stained. Wallpaper falling off the wall. The microwave was dirty and had a stench, the fridge was dirty. The room reaked of a moldy odor - which kinda went away after the air cooled the room. In 20 years I have never spent a night in a rooom as dirty as this! Spend a few more dollars and get a clean room. The LaQuinta was $49 + tax and I am sure it was clean!

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2005

I was in Charleston, South Carolina on May 31st through April 3ed for three nights during the 28th annual 10k Cooper River Bridge Run held on April 2, 2005. I had made arrangements quite late, and because there were 42,000 runners in the race, the closer reasonably priced hotels to the historic district of Charleston where the race was taking place were taken. I was looking for an inexpensive hotel since I was just in town for an extended weekend, and took the closest and first thing available, which turned out being the North Charleston "Economy Inn." The rate per night was about $54/night, so it was pretty reasonable compared to hotels closer to the historic Charleston Downtown, which ran around +/- $100/night.
To begin with the first pro of the hotel was the reasonable price based on location; the second pro was its actual location which was on Rivers Ave., at the intersection on Highway 526 and 26. This allowed for easy access to Historic Downtown Charleston and the race. The third plus was the friendly front desk staff.
Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros. First there was a large yellow water stain on the ceiling from the room above (I stayed in room 122). The in room microwave and fridge were not clean and had an odor to them. The paint and wallpaper in the room was peeling. The shower head was stained, and tiles were missing. The provided face and bath towels were stained. The toilet in the room had a constant drip. Lastly my requested wake up time of 4am was never provided.
Well most people wouldn't have put up with a room in this condition, but unfortunately I was limited by price, room availability, and time, so I was forced to put up with what I had.
If you’re in the Charleston area, and are looking for a clean cozy room for the night, I would highly not recommend staying at the Economy Inn.

9  Thank Torque9