“Hands down the worst weekened of my life” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Economy Inn and Suites

Economy Inn and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Charleston
Economy Inn and Suites
Ranked #54 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Haileerae22
“Hands down the worst weekened of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

I would not put convicted murderers in this hell hole. I figured since I was just visiting friends and I would be at their house 90% of the time that I would just be paying for a place to store my things for the weekend. When I arrived it was pouring rain. They didnt have my reservation. I turned on my laptop and showed them the confirmation number. An hour later after I had to sit on the phone and have the information re faxed over I got a room. crappy hotel, scary people hanging around. . Anyways I slept at my friends house my last night here when I woke up it was already ten. Checkout is eleven so I called and explained that I had slept in and assured him I would be there as soon as possible.I got to the hotel about 15-20 mins after eleven and the door to my room was wide open and all of my belongings were gone. I went to the fromt desk and asked what the hell was going on. They said I was late so they threw my stuff out. WHAT??? I mean I have heard of charging a late fee, or charging for another day but these A#5^%#& threw my stuff out in one of the worst neighborhoods imaginable not to mention when I managed to gather up what there was of my belongings the $700 that was in my suitcase had been stolen by the maid who threw my stuff out. They told me it wasn't their problem... I filed a police report. They said that they have problems with the owner all the time. And that He is a scumbag. I am now staying at the charleston harbor resort paying 4 times as much....but at least I made it as far away from that s#%& Hole as possible... I hope Karma gets them all!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2008

We called the Economy Inn for reservation. We drove 12 hours and got to the Economy Inn checked in. When We got in our room it was the nastist place that I had ever seen. We travel for work. So we stay at alot of Hotels. This is far most the worst that I have ever seen. There was bugs on our towels,the room had previously had a kitchenette in it that doesn't work but still in the room, they had the Microwave sitting on the cabinet and non-working stove, the furniture was dirty and stained up, the tile was coming up and looked like it had never been cleaned,the smell was not something that made you sick at your stomach. We paid for 1 night but didn't stay we ended up down the road at another motel.The guy that told us he managed the place wouldn't refund our money but told us that we could contact the Main company so he gave us a telephone number which turned out to be his fax number to the motel. We contacted him again and he gave us another number which was disconnected. I recommend that you do not stay at this motel ...

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank ditchwitchnay
Redmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2007

I was very surprised to see such a nice room at an economy motel. It
was clean, has microwave and refrigeraters that are clean. The staff and managers treated us so nice and were very friendly. It was like talking to a long lost relative. They made us feel that we were the most important guest that they had ever had. They have a beautiful outdoor pool, however we did not use it as the weather was rainy and cold. That's about it. I would definetly stay there again

• Liked — Price and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
D.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

The ECONOMY INN is Tthe NASTIEST DIRTIEST UNSAFE PLACE I have ever had the displeasure of staying in..Not one thing was good.Everything was dirty nothing worked.Druggies hang out in the parking lot

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank cwolfejr1
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2005

This was one of the cheapest rooms we could find, we just wanted something simple, nothing fancy. Had free wireless internet and the price great so we gave it a try. With tax it was around $36. The wireless internet worked great!! That was the PRO. The CON'S: Ceiling had water stains, the furniture was dirty, stained and falling apart. The bathroom was dirty and stained, towels stained. Wallpaper falling off the wall. The microwave was dirty and had a stench, the fridge was dirty. The room reaked of a moldy odor - which kinda went away after the air cooled the room. In 20 years I have never spent a night in a rooom as dirty as this! Spend a few more dollars and get a clean room. The LaQuinta was $49 + tax and I am sure it was clean!

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2005

I was in Charleston, South Carolina on May 31st through April 3ed for three nights during the 28th annual 10k Cooper River Bridge Run held on April 2, 2005. I had made arrangements quite late, and because there were 42,000 runners in the race, the closer reasonably priced hotels to the historic district of Charleston where the race was taking place were taken. I was looking for an inexpensive hotel since I was just in town for an extended weekend, and took the closest and first thing available, which turned out being the North Charleston "Economy Inn." The rate per night was about $54/night, so it was pretty reasonable compared to hotels closer to the historic Charleston Downtown, which ran around +/- $100/night.
To begin with the first pro of the hotel was the reasonable price based on location; the second pro was its actual location which was on Rivers Ave., at the intersection on Highway 526 and 26. This allowed for easy access to Historic Downtown Charleston and the race. The third plus was the friendly front desk staff.
Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros. First there was a large yellow water stain on the ceiling from the room above (I stayed in room 122). The in room microwave and fridge were not clean and had an odor to them. The paint and wallpaper in the room was peeling. The shower head was stained, and tiles were missing. The provided face and bath towels were stained. The toilet in the room had a constant drip. Lastly my requested wake up time of 4am was never provided.
Well most people wouldn't have put up with a room in this condition, but unfortunately I was limited by price, room availability, and time, so I was forced to put up with what I had.
If you’re in the Charleston area, and are looking for a clean cozy room for the night, I would highly not recommend staying at the Economy Inn.

9 Thank Torque9