“customer service/food”
Review of Evo Pizza

Evo Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Description: EVO (Extra Virgin Oven) Pizzeria is the wood-fired dream of Matt McIntosh and Ricky Hacker. Matt and Ricky met while working in the illustrious kitchen at FIG in downtown Charleston in 2003. The pair spent the better part of a year forming the concept for a wood-fired pizza shop that would focus on local ingredients. In 2005 they flew the coop to start EVO. The first incarnation was a mobile wood-fired pizza oven - in other words, a fancy trailer - that they used for catering. Turns out, people really like fancy trailer pizza. It became apparent that the concept was ready for a brick & mortar restaurant, and they found a perfect home on East Montague Avenue in North Charleston, part of the up-and-coming Park Circle area. In 2007, EVO Pizzeria fired up its ovens for the public, and hasn't stopped since. We come to work at EVO every day to bring fun, delicious food and drink to our community. We source locally and regionally because we're proud to be here. We cook with love because we love to cook. And who doesn't love pizza?
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am new to the area and have been trying to find new things to do and especially new foods. I love a good pizza and I am very tired of the papa johns, pizza hut and all other pizza companies. Looking up on the internet I found your location and became very interested from looking at your website/menu and watching your video. On 11/30/13 I decided to come check your place out and found my visit and food disappointing. When I walk in the door no one came to greet me or told me where I could go place a to go order so I assumed that it was the bar. When I sat down the bar tender greeted me and ask if I was going to eat and I said yes I would like to place a to order. But he was able to greet and let someone else know where to sit. And to me that is very rude. He gave me a menu and asked me if I wanted something to drink I asked for a sprite and after I got that he disappeared. The only time I saw him after that was when I paid for my pizza. The only other employee I saw was one of your cookers that came to deliver me my food. No other employee came and spoke with me. When I got home your pizza tasted more like the wood burning oven and it was very dry, flat and no flavor also some of the "crust" was still not cooked right so it was very doey and I had to put it back in my oven. To me after I did not get any customer service after working ten years in the field I am very disappointed and found my visit and food unsatisfying (and could not eat but two slices) and a big waste of time and $15.47 for an 8 inch pizza. Really not sure what the fuss is about!!!

5  Thank 26SarahT5127

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Found EVO by chance in an article on the "35 Best Pizzas in America". We were in North Charleston for a flight back to CT and took the opportunity to check it out. So glad we did! Ranks right up there with our own Frank Pepe's New Haven pizza, and that's saying a lot! Started with the Brussels Sprouts & Squash Salad - two favorite vegetables. Expected chunks of roasted squash, but it was instead sliced into thin ribbons before roasting - sweet, crisp, and wonderful. Such a great salad. We chose the Margherita pie and added house-made sausage to the already flavorful red sauce, basil and house mozzarella combo.Excellent! EVO uses local products and has a selection of craft beers from around the country.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Last weekend I had the pleasure of dining at EVO with my family. There were four of us and we had no wait to be seated and our drink order was taken very quickly. We had the pickles and pimento cheese appetizer as well as the sweet potato soup. Both were just fantastic! For our main course we had the pork trifecta pizza as well as the calabrese and arugula pizza, again both were great with the table favorite being the pork trifecta. We also got the duck cuban to share and it was also very good and a great size. We ended the meal with several sweeteeth bars which were a great way to end a great meal. If you find yourself in the area or within 20 miles this is a spot you can't miss!

1  Thank travelinbrew
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Every time I come to Charleston I end up at Evo. I usually have multiple dinners or lunches, and this is in a city with a lot of good food! Good beer selection, awesome pizza. I love this place. The Pork Trifecta is delicious!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

On a recent trip to the Charleston area we decided to find a good pizzeria and did we ever find a good one! The atmosphere was quaint yet very accommodating. Very friendly staff greeted us and seated us quickly and seemed interested in our comfort.

The special pizza of the day had chorizo, cilantro, corn and cheese. Being a lover of these ingredients I couldn't resist. It was amazing, I ate almost the whole pie by myself. It was cooked on a wood-fired oven and was a thin crust pizza. My boyfriend got a cheese calzone and enjoyed it as well. I also got a salad that had Bibb lettuce, corn, bacon, radish, cheese and a chipotle ranch dressing. The ingredients were fresh and local!

A definite must go if in the Charleston area. Located in North Charleston the drive isn't bad at all. Worth the drive regardless.