“Favorite pizza”
Review of Evo Pizza

Evo Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Description: EVO (Extra Virgin Oven) Pizzeria is the wood-fired dream of Matt McIntosh and Ricky Hacker. Matt and Ricky met while working in the illustrious kitchen at FIG in downtown Charleston in 2003. The pair spent the better part of a year forming the concept for a wood-fired pizza shop that would focus on local ingredients. In 2005 they flew the coop to start EVO. The first incarnation was a mobile wood-fired pizza oven - in other words, a fancy trailer - that they used for catering. Turns out, people really like fancy trailer pizza. It became apparent that the concept was ready for a brick & mortar restaurant, and they found a perfect home on East Montague Avenue in North Charleston, part of the up-and-coming Park Circle area. In 2007, EVO Pizzeria fired up its ovens for the public, and hasn't stopped since. We come to work at EVO every day to bring fun, delicious food and drink to our community. We source locally and regionally because we're proud to be here. We cook with love because we love to cook. And who doesn't love pizza?
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Favorite pizza”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Local and fresh ingredients are first here!!! And I love it. Some things change with the seasons and what is in season, like getting a delish plate of olives to getting a fresh mozzarella ball stuffed with ricotta and blue cheese. And the pizza is always amazing!!! They have an amazing salad with bacon chunks that is also fresh and flavorful. The pork trifecta is a must for meat lovers!!! You havent had a real pizza until you have tried this pizza!! A must for pizza and local food lovers!!! But get there early cause this place gets packed!!!

• Visited July 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“In a word......Amazing!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had the opportunity to eat here recently and loved it! This is truly how pizza is prepared in Italy and the quality is spot on! If you love real Italian pizza, this is your place! They use local vendors and it shines through! Excellent salads and take a stroll around back and visit the bakery! This is a hidden gem!

• Visited September 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left a burnt taste in my mouth”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I used to go all the time, but the last few times have been a disappointment. While the salads remain very good, my pizza has come out way overcooked. The first time we thought it was a fluke, but it happened soon after that again. Our friends like to meet other places simply because there is a lack of 'regular beer" on the menu. If I'm going to pay that much for a pizza, then I would like it not to be black on the bottom.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer O
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Burnt Pizza”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I waited before I visited a second time before I wrote this review. I wanted to give it a second chance before I offered my opinion. I have visited EVO twice and on each occasion my pizza came out burnt. Very unpleasant to have your pizza burnt twice. I have read the reviews so I tried the restaurant. The first time my was burnt I thought it must have been a mistake by the kitchen, but after the second time and the same thing. BURNT PIZZA! I don't think that I will visit EVO again.

2 Thank Wade B
Newport News, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EVO Pizzeria.... Not too shabby”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to EVO for lunch the other day before work. We were quickly greeted and sat at a table. Our waitress was super nice and the service was top notch. The pizza was good, fresh, and hot. They only come in an 8 or 12 inch pie though. All in all a good experience and will most likely return.