“one of the best burgers and salads around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sesame Burgers & Beer

Sesame Burgers & Beer
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hormone free custom burgers with vast array of options for toppings as well as free range chicken and turkey burgers. Also, offering vegan house made veggie burgers, salads, craft beer and full bar. Perfect for entire family. 3 locations in Charleston area.
“one of the best burgers and salads around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

second time eating here and was as good as the first, but know others know about it and it was busy. I had the roasted beet salad and it was very good. then had the burger special for the night and was tasty and cooked as ordered. for as busy as they was tonight, service was good and did not have to wait over one beer for dinner. they do a good job. Little pricey for a burger, but you get what you pay for.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Charleston, SC
“Best burgers in Charleston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I absolutely love Sesame! I usually go to the West Ashley location (located in Citadel Mall). The burgers are awesome, the beer is cold, and the blue's corn on the cobb appetizer is amazing! I have never been disappointed and you won't either!

• Visited January 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

If you want some good eats outside the tourist traps and high dollar fine dining of downtown Charleston, check this place out.

I had one of their signature burgers, the Memphis, with peanut butter, banana and bacon. Fun concept and very good. Good fries too.

My wife had another signature burger (avacado, Brie and shitake mushrooms, I think). She had the turkey burger and thought it was just as good as beef.

Great value.

Hanahan, South Carolina
“My FAVORITE burger place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and I discovered Sesame a few years ago, and it is still a favorite of ours. He lives out of town, and we must visit the restaurant every time he is in town. I've eaten at the Mall location twice, but the Spruill Ave location is close to home, and the quaintness is part of the charm. The burgers are great! (I have not tried other things, because I LOVE burgers and I tend to stick with what I like.) There are tons of ways one could order them, but I like mine without additional toppings. I like my meat med. rare, but I order it medium here, as the med. rare is too rare for me. Sometimes that backfires, but not very often. I have had their fries and sweet potato fires, and approve of both. My favorite thing is their bread and butter pickles. I avoided them like the plague the first dozen or so times I ate there, not liking anything but dill or kosher pickles. My son was great with this, because he loves them and had no problem eating my share. I tried them once, and am hooked! I often get the brownie dessert, and I love that they serve it warm and it is not hard as a rock. I have not tried the homemade mayo, as I am not a mayo person. I love the ketchup (maybe not the first time I had it, but ever since). I also do not care for dijon mustard, so I ask for yellow. My son, who is more of a "foodie" loves the pimento cheese burger, and has tried goat cheese and other items that he has liked. He most often gets the burger bowl, and it is huge. My husband has had the Cuban, the turkey club, and others with no complaints. My daughter also orders the turkey burger from time to time. They also have a good selection of beers, which pleases my son and husband. I have tried five guys and billy's burgers, which people often talk about, and there is no comparison!

Visited December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Salads as great as the Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sesame is known for their Burgers and Beer but their specialty salads are also a knock out! If you want to go for lunch however, you better get there super early as this little place fills up fast!

Visited December 2012