“enjoyable get together” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Stafford, Virginia
“enjoyable get together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Met up for a B'day celebration. 8 of us seated with plenty of room and not squeezed back into the corner or having people bump into you trying to get past. Having never been to a Carrabbas before I wasn't sure what to expect.

Dinning in a large group family or otherwise can always be challenging ! Our waitress was great! Our table mates arriving at different times made timing a little tricky. Between appetizers, bread trays and salads and soups. Amazingly we all managed to eat our main course at the same time. The food was good. Portions fair. Service great with only one small mix up of soda re-fill selection. I have my favorite eating places but given the opportunity I'd try a Carrabbas again.

Everyone enjoyed their selections from land to sea. Cooked just right,and food served hot!

Visited August 2011

Suffolk - England
“Good Italian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Not a gourmet restaurant but good standard Italian food. Not enough vegetables for my liking. service good and friendly. We went on a Friday night and it is obviously popular because we had to wait for 40 minutes. It was busy and quite noisy.

• Visited April 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wine Wednesday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very good food and a pleasant surprise to discover the Wine Wednesday special ($10 off a bottle of wine with dinner). Our waitress was very congenial and knowledgeable about the ingredients in the various dishes. The atmosphere is very relaxing and we enjoyed an excellent meal.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank drjackiefish
North Myrtle Beach, SC
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I like Carrabba's, and thought the food was good. Our server wasn't the best though. Kinda slow, and kept messing the order up, and ran into the waitress backing away from out table, and I ended up getting sprayed with the fallen water. But he was friendly, probably just new. And the food was good as always.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank GottaRideandEat
Charleston, South Carolina
“Love this Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I'm not sure how popular this place is on most nights, but Friday night it was overflowing with hungry guests who seemed to patiently wait for a table opening. They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead after 5 and put your name on the list for a table. So glad we did. We were seated promptly. Our server and the service was exceptional. We had 2 small kids with us and she brought over a piece of pasta dough for the 5 yr old to play with like play doh. We got nice warm bread (and lots of it) to dip in olive oil and herbs. Quite good. We ordered a variety of entrees which all came with either soup or a side salad. My husband and I tried the minestrone soup which was a large serving for just a side, and so filling and overflowing with veggies that we almost couldn't finish our entrees. Delicious, though it needed just a bit more seasoning to be perfect. I had the Chicken Trio which was a combination of three of their signature chicken dishes: Chicken Bryan, Marsala and Rosa Maria. My favorite was the chicken Bryan but they were all tasty. The other dishes sampled were the seafood cannelloni and the Spiedino di Mare, a shrimp and scallops dish. The Spiedino could have been better if it had been served over some type of pasta. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. We didn't have room for dessert, but the server who heard it was my birthday came over with one of their mini-desserts with a little candle on it. It was luscious.
I rarely give good reviews for chain restaurants because they are usually overcrowded, have poor service, and bland predictable menus. I have to say Carrabba's is an exception. I have eaten at another one in West Chester, PA and it was also a gem.

• Visited April 2012