“Love this Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Charleston, South Carolina
“Love this Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I'm not sure how popular this place is on most nights, but Friday night it was overflowing with hungry guests who seemed to patiently wait for a table opening. They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead after 5 and put your name on the list for a table. So glad we did. We were seated promptly. Our server and the service was exceptional. We had 2 small kids with us and she brought over a piece of pasta dough for the 5 yr old to play with like play doh. We got nice warm bread (and lots of it) to dip in olive oil and herbs. Quite good. We ordered a variety of entrees which all came with either soup or a side salad. My husband and I tried the minestrone soup which was a large serving for just a side, and so filling and overflowing with veggies that we almost couldn't finish our entrees. Delicious, though it needed just a bit more seasoning to be perfect. I had the Chicken Trio which was a combination of three of their signature chicken dishes: Chicken Bryan, Marsala and Rosa Maria. My favorite was the chicken Bryan but they were all tasty. The other dishes sampled were the seafood cannelloni and the Spiedino di Mare, a shrimp and scallops dish. The Spiedino could have been better if it had been served over some type of pasta. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. We didn't have room for dessert, but the server who heard it was my birthday came over with one of their mini-desserts with a little candle on it. It was luscious.
I rarely give good reviews for chain restaurants because they are usually overcrowded, have poor service, and bland predictable menus. I have to say Carrabba's is an exception. I have eaten at another one in West Chester, PA and it was also a gem.

• Visited April 2012

Oak Harbor, Washington
“standard chain food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Should have known better when there wasn't a 30 min wait here like everywhere else by the mall. Service was poor- took forever to get a glass of tea, and then she brought sweet instead of the ordered unsweet, and dinner took a long time to come out when it wasn't that busy. The food was very standard, tasted like frozen microwaved food, and didn't look very appealing. It was Expensive too. Unfortunately what probably really shoved me over the edge on to a "poor" rating was my stomach was upset exactly an hour after eating here. Not a coincidence.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MinxInWA
Charleston, South Carolina
“Always Good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

This location is always great. Each time we have gone, the food is consistently good and the staff is terrific. Never had a bad meal here.

1 Thank Fbce12
Atlanta, Georgia
“Service is okay. Food is predictable and good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I love Carrabbas and try to go to them when I'm traveling for work. The food is great as usual for a Carrabbas but the wait staff could be a bit more polished.

Visited December 2011
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

After driving over 5hrs to get to Charleston, then spending a couple hrs in downtown Charleston, my mom & I were famished. We were unable to find the restaurant we were looking for, so ended up at Carrabbas because we had heard of it before. Thankfully, we had a great server who was very helpful & was very understanding of how tired we were. She described many of the dishes to us that we had questions about, & helped us make our selections. The bread & dipping sauce was DELICIOUS, & the spaghetti was very tasty too. Would go again.

1 Thank jc648