“Very Nice Hotel, great location, staff exceptional”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Nice Hotel, great location, staff exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed one night at this Doubletree prior to a cruise. At the last minute we decided to take a shuttle to the cruise versus parking at the park, they front desk was able to get us a shuttle service with little notice -- and did it with a smile. We had a two bed suite -- the beds were small, actually a little small for my husband and I but we made due.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DoubleTree H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Ellestar,

I hope you and your husband are having a wonderful time on your cruise. On behalf of the entire DoubleTree by Hilton team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our property. We thank you for helping us spread the word about our first class service and accomodations to other travelers. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Charleston.

DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Shiloh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel and Staff were great, it is in a convenient location for the airport and has plenty of meeting space. Parking is good, had an experience that was unfortunate due to poor comunication on manager's part however overall experience was good. It appears to be a hotel that is trying to raise the value of the area in which it is located. formerly another type hotel renovated to be Doubletree, ammenities was great. Tamara at the front desk is great she will assist with everything you ask. The ability to scan, copy documents was non existant during my stay as the equipment was broke and was taking extemenly long time to repair. My stay was approximateley three weeks while doing business in the area. I felt it was very clean, helpful staff and good location for the airport General Aviation/military base access.

Dear DavidT,

I hope your travels back home were safe and pleasant. On behalf of the entire DoubleTree by Hilton team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our property and our team. I would like to apologize again to you for any of the difficulty we caused as a result of the renovation of our parking lot. I thank you for your patience during a difficult time. I hope to see you again during your next visit to Charleston.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We traveled to Charleston for a weekend getaway (on a budget) to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted a place that was of good quality, but wouldn't break the bank. I still don't understand how folks can afford to stay in downtown; they must be made of money!

This completely remodeled former Ramada Inn is very well done, and it looks as though all that was kept was the structure. So, it's essentially a brand new hotel. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the little bit of time we were actually at the hotel.

Upon arrival, check-in was very easy, and the warm chocolate chip cookie was a nice treat after the drive. The one and only issue we had at the hotel was that the lock on our room door wouldn't disengage properly. We continued to have issues with it during our stay, but as compensation the hotel gave us free breakfast for the duration of our stay. It was a minor inconvenience that ended up saving us $30-40 while on our trip.

The rooms are nice, the beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are unique. We had a walk-in shower which isn't something you find in many hotels, and the door to the bathroom was a sliding "barn" door with a translucent frosted panel. There wasn't a locking or latching mechanism, but since it was just the two of us, that didn't matter.

Our room had a refrigerator with king bed, and a huge flat panel, wall-mounted television with several 100 channels. Had we been staying for business rather than pleasure, this would have come in handy.

Our one and only complaint is that we were awoken several times both nights by noise from the adjacent interstate. The hotel owners should work with the SCDOT to have a sound barrier wall built. So, unless I could get a room facing away from the interestate, I wouldn't stay here again just for that simple reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is NOT facing the interstate if you want an uninterrupted night's sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swhudson3
Dear swhudson3,

I hope your travels back to Columbia were safe and pleasant. On behalf of the entire DoubleTree by Hilton team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our property, specifically our modern design and decor. During your next visit, we would be happy to help in getting you signed you up for the Hilton Honors Loyalty Program. One of the great features of the program is that we can build a travel profile for you so if you have specific preferences such as a high floor, away from elevator, or even a front side of the building preference, we will be able to deliver those preferences to you. We thank you for a kind review and helping us spread the word about our first class service and accomodations to other travelers. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Charleston.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Pre-cruise overnight stay. Simple check in and always love the warm chocolate chip cookies at Doubletree. Lovely lobby and bar area. Nice double double room but hotel is directly on service road to highway so no view. Pretty outdoor pool (not heated) area with some "cabana - style" lounges and a fire pit. Decor is great but cheap. Comparable to lower than "builder grade" for homes. The towel rack fell off in the bathroom when I was hanging a bath towel on it. Sliding bathroom door but no handle on inside. Dark red stains on room carpet and very thin walls. Another hotel slapped up but conveniently-located.

Stayed March 2014
Owatonna, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was looking for a hotel to stay at in Charleston long term. I'm a road warrior and spend about 300 nights a year in hotels. I decided to give Doubletree a try since I have had excellent experiences in other Hilton DoubleTree's.
I checked in on 3/16 and was greeted and treated well by the desk clerk. The room was very nice. I rented a small suite on the HHonors floor. So far so good... this could be the place I spend the next 3-4 months. Monday night was St. Patty's day and I arrived around 7 pm from my work site. I was hungry and tired as I had worked 12 hours and was still recovering from the time zone change. The bar restaurant had some customers, but considering it was a drinking holiday, I was surprised there weren't more people there. I went to the bar, grabbed a menu and sat at a long bar like table directly facing the bar itself. There was a bar tender and a waitress there. So I sat there....... The bar tender brought a meal to the guy next to me and they talked a couple of minutes. The food looked great. No eye contact from the bar tender or any greeting whatsoever. Hmmmmm.... The waitress was writing the daily special on the blackboard behind the bar. Now realize, its after 7 pm and they are just putting the daily special on the blackboard?? She turns around, talks to the folks at the bar, never looks at me. The bartender is rolling silverware in napkins now. I have been there 15 minutes and thinking maybe it's getting time to leave. I decide I'll wait 5 more minutes. Meanwhile, I took some iPhone pictures of the bar and employees ignoring me. Finally just before I hang it up, the waitress comes over and asks me if I want something to drink? I order a glass of wine. When she brings it to me she asks if I want to place an order? At this point we have a discussion about the poor customer service I have experienced so far. She offers the wine free but I refuse as I don't want freebies, I just want standard Double Tree service which is usually stellar. I ask what is faster, the special, or a burger. She recommends the special. (corned beef and cabbage) I order this and it arrives 20 minutes later, and it is cold! The meat is slightly warm but the cabbage etc are like ice. So much for the fast order. I think the cook had it ready long before she served it to me but she took her time because I irritated her. I didn't waste my time complaining about it being cold. I didn't stiff her on the tip, but didn't reward her either. I should mention, that the food was really good, too bad it was cold. I decided that this was not the place for me long term. Management-- what are you guys doing? Don't you know that the hotel business is all about customer service? Train your employees because they think we are people who bother them.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel, very nice rooms good food, lousy service.
2 Thank Scott C
Dear Scott C,

I thank you for your candid review of your experience here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport. As a passionate service professional, I am very troubled that our team did not deliver the quality service experience that you expect from us. I understand that even since writing this review, a member of our management team has been in touch with you to apologize. Please accept my sincerest apologies as well. I also understand that you will be back to visit us again in the near future. I thank you for the opportunity to provide a better experience for you. I will work closely with our team to ensure we deliver on that expectation during your next visit.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are a business traveler and your firm covers your expenses, stay here. If you are watching your dollars as a small business owner, review your options. Location is close to the freeway, get a room on the other side. Staff is above average. Parking is limited. Beds are fresh with nice linen. One of the better DoubleTree hotels I've stayed at

Huntsville, AL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place was very nice. Personally I think it far exceeds it's 3 star Trip Advisor average. Had a room on the Hilton Honors floor and it was wonderful. Especially at the price we paid. Very close in quality to the Orlando Peabody which was over twice the price. Very convenient (less than 10 miles) to all the attractions at a much lower price than the downtown hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family