“Outstanding staff and rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Darlington, SC
“Outstanding staff and rooms”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great hotel. I have stayed there multiple times over the past couple of months. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The staff are very personable and do a great job of making you feel welcome and are happy to help you in any way. The rooms are very affordable for this type of hotel. I look forward to staying again the next time we come down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank paul p
DoubleTree H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello PaulP,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property. I am happy to hear that both our team members and property accomodations met your needs. I think I speak for the entire team when I say that we definitely appreciate your continued loyalty to our property. We are looking forward to your next visit to Charleston.

Michael Estes - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Belfast
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here and then extended my stay by another two nights due to a clean and modern hotel with helpful staff, particularly the manager. The shuttle service with a six mile radius is a big plus if you have no car. Bedrooms spacious and beautifully appointed. Will stay here again if I am in the area for sure. Thank you for an enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Good Airport location and shuttle service
2 Thank IrishRover7
Hello IrishRover7,

It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review from a seasoned traveler like yourself. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the rest of our team members. I thank you for giving the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport a chance to impress. We look forward to your next visit!

Michael Estest - General Manager
Morrisville, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Getting a hotel in the Charleston area- it's hard to find one that has quality without spending half of your trip budget. This hotel is much more affordable with the same quality you get from any DoubleTree- which if you have not stayed in one, is great. I'm not sure I can justify staying anywhere else in Charleston when I visit- it's such a great deal for what you get. It's a quiet hotel, it's an easy drive to downtown, and shopping is just a block away. My only complaint is that they need to pave the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Shannan S
Hello ShannanS,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am excited to hear your feedback about the value that our property provides to our guests. Dollar for dollar, I believe we have one of the best products in Charleston. You'll also be excited to know that I am finalizing the details on a project to re-finish our entire parking lot as I continue to focus on improving the curb appeal of the property for our guests. Thanks again for the valuable feedback.

Michael Estes - General Manager
Bolivia, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay and would stay there again!!!! The place was very clean and the staff were friendly. It was very convenient to many locations and interstate was right down the road. Hotel lobby and restaurant area was very nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Pam W
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is my second trip to this hotel and there were some ups and downs this time. First, the room was very clean and I was upgraded to a suite which was great. However, the air conditioning unit is so loud every time it popped on, it was difficult to sleep. Second, the blow dryers are not very powerful. So if you have to blow dry your hair and you are staying at this hotel, you may want to bring your own or allow extra time. Third, my room this time was on the side of the hotel facing the highway so i heard "highway noise". It didn't keep me from sleeping (that was the AC) but it was definitely a "constant hum" of noice. Finally, the food is mediocre. Not alot of options and my burger was overcooked and had a hair in it.

On the other hand, the staff are excellent! Always wanting to do something to help you and very attentive.

Room Tip: ask for a room which does not overlook the expressway to reduce amount of noice.
1 Thank rochelle m
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here as part of a Submarine Reunion of over a hundred Shipmates and families. The hotel was very comfortable, and we used many, many of its facilities - A hospitality room where we congregated at all hours of the day and night, a banquet room for our semi-formal dinner, and the outdoor area next to the pool where many just hung out. We were there for four days, and all four were a pleasure.

The service was outstanding! The manager and all his staff bent over backwards to take care of our every need.

With a gathering like this, that tells the tale. I would recommend this hotel for any and all events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week. I was working a program that was in the hotel. The staff could not have been any more helpful. Everyone from Sheryl the sales manager, Doug the food and beverage manager, Nathan at the front desk and all the wait staff were very accomadating. I look forward to doing more business stays with them. The hotel was clean and very easy to get around. I would highly recommend staying here if you need a hotel close to the Charleston airport or for any other reason.