DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Bolivia, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay and would stay there again!!!! The place was very clean and the staff were friendly. It was very convenient to many locations and interstate was right down the road. Hotel lobby and restaurant area was very nice and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Pam W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is my second trip to this hotel and there were some ups and downs this time. First, the room was very clean and I was upgraded to a suite which was great. However, the air conditioning unit is so loud every time it popped on, it was difficult to sleep. Second, the blow dryers are not very powerful. So if you have to blow dry your hair and you are staying at this hotel, you may want to bring your own or allow extra time. Third, my room this time was on the side of the hotel facing the highway so i heard "highway noise". It didn't keep me from sleeping (that was the AC) but it was definitely a "constant hum" of noice. Finally, the food is mediocre. Not alot of options and my burger was overcooked and had a hair in it.

On the other hand, the staff are excellent! Always wanting to do something to help you and very attentive.

Room Tip: ask for a room which does not overlook the expressway to reduce amount of noice.
1 Thank rochelle m
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here as part of a Submarine Reunion of over a hundred Shipmates and families. The hotel was very comfortable, and we used many, many of its facilities - A hospitality room where we congregated at all hours of the day and night, a banquet room for our semi-formal dinner, and the outdoor area next to the pool where many just hung out. We were there for four days, and all four were a pleasure.

The service was outstanding! The manager and all his staff bent over backwards to take care of our every need.

With a gathering like this, that tells the tale. I would recommend this hotel for any and all events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week. I was working a program that was in the hotel. The staff could not have been any more helpful. Everyone from Sheryl the sales manager, Doug the food and beverage manager, Nathan at the front desk and all the wait staff were very accomadating. I look forward to doing more business stays with them. The hotel was clean and very easy to get around. I would highly recommend staying here if you need a hotel close to the Charleston airport or for any other reason.

Hubert, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were in Charleston for the night to visit family. We always try to stay in the Hilton family of hotels so choosing the DoubleTree - Charleston Airport was a no brainer. As usual I looked forward to my warm cookie upon check-in and was not let down. The hotel is very clean and nicely appointed. Nice clean rooms and very comfortable bed. I am a pillow snob, so I won't bore you with how I hate feather pillows. The only surprise was that there was not an in room refrigerator. When we drive anywhere we always take a cooler for drinks and snacks with cold packs. Recharging your cold packs for the drive home is a must. We made it work with an ice bucket.

Overall a nice hotel for the night but that one missing amenity was a little glitch in the whole experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Found myself in Charleston with a friend on a last-minute car shopping trip. Downtown Charleston was either booked solid or overpriced. So we we booked online via smartphone using the Hilton Honors app. Upon arrival I was a bit concerned because the area around the property was not the upscale one I anticipated. Within easy walking distance are a Waffle House, Taco Bell, and brake shop, as the DoubleTree is located in a mostly commercial area just off the interstate.

Once I walked in the front door, I breathed a sigh of relief. The spacious lobby featured a nice bar, computer stations, and breakfast area. We were immediately given the signature warm chocolate chip cookies and promptly checked in.

Our room had a freshly modern decor, comfortable carpet, ample electrical outlets, and a large LG 42-inch television.The bed was comfortable with numerous fluffy pillows. The spacious bath featured a tall shower head, great toiletries, and larger than normal towels.

A few improvements could make this property even better. First the lack of a micro/fridge was surprising. I was also surprised the elevator doors looked cheap and institutional for an upscale property, and molding on one was loose. Finally, the complimentary breakfasts I've had at other DoubleTrees were not offered to me, although the complimentary coupons were clearly visible at the check-in desk. But maybe that was a good thing, as we walked to the nearby Waffle House and ate, while other hotel guests waited outside following an 8:15 a.m. fire alarm.

Nonetheless I was very well satisfied with my last-minute pick!

Rockton
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Oct. 9 - 20. 2013
We held our USS Grant SSBN 631 Submarine Reunion at this hotel, something we do every two years in different locations and have never had such a great site. Why? Well, the facility is newly redone and that is grand. The rooms are wonderfully sized and furnished and maintained and that is grand. The food and food service staff is terrific and that is grand. But the real success here is the hotel management and staff. They have established a customer first culture that meets and exceeds the finest hotels and resorts we've seen. We couldn't have asked for a more welcoming, cooperative and friendly staff. Our every need and want was either anticipated or quickly satisfied.
Anyone looking for the top of the line site for their event. or just a place to rest and relax for a day or more ...... this is the place. Look no further.
Thank you very, very much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends