DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
North Charleston, SC, United States
“North Charleston”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the staff was very pleasant and professional. There was a problem with the a/c in my room and it was not able to be repaired while I was there. They held a second room the second night of my stay so I could move to a more comfortable room. The second night, was much more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Laguna Hills
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The A/C systems installed in the rooms of this hotel are of an inferior design. There is no fan speed control and you cannot set the unit to provide a constant temperature level. The unit works by cycling on and off in the auto mode. As the unit cycles on and off the noise level cycles between no noise and EXTREMELY loud. I'm actually a fairly heavy sleeper but the noise level when the unit cycles on was so loud that I was not able to get a restful night sleep. I had one pair of ear plugs that I carry with me that allowed my wife to get a good nights sleep but unfortunately the hotel staff was not able to provide a pair of ear plugs for me. As a result, I will not be staying at this hotel again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Double Tree Hotel and I must say that I will definitely be sure to pick Double Tree as my hotel of choice going forward! I really loved the cleanliness, staff and hotel presence!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a great place to stay. The decor of the lobby was welcoming and the cookies warm when we arrived. The room was exceptionally clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was great - stylish and fun. We enjoyed the pool and the cabanas outside, the bar and the huge flat screen tv in the lobby. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained and the food was good. The staff was courteous and professional. It was a great getaway - I left feeling rested, relaxed and pampered. I definitely recommend this hotel.
Betty W

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my first stay at this particular Doubletree. In general, Hilton has a good reputation for the condition of their properties, so I try to book with them when I can. This property did not disappoint. I've been told that they renovated at the beginning of 2013, so the facility and the rooms were in excellent condition. The air-conditioning worked well, and had a fan which stayed on instead of cycling and waking me up repeatedly all night. The rooms smelled clean (no excessive amounts of air-freshener, which is a major pet peeve of mine) and had good ventilation. The shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure, with a decent shower head. The hair dryer worked well. Overall the noise level was low. The TV, as is often the case in newer rooms, was a large, flat screen model. Unlike many hotels, the actually had HD programming. I slept quite well here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wanted to treat myself to a wonderful little getaway all by myself. I went to about 5 other upscale hotels, but, none of them seemed like the perfect fit, until I called DT. Nate answered the phone, and sold me right away. It was Labor Day eve and I came in and loved it! My room was a dream come true, I sunk in the bed, it was so plush and perfect! Didn't hear a peep the whole night and I'm a VERY light sleeper and that was my main concern b/c of other places I've stayed at in the past. I would highly recommend staying here. The pool was relaxing, the breakfast was amazing. The staff very professional and super helpful.I felt like Princess Diana for a night. The shower was wonderful, even the little shampoo and conditioner was really good for my hair. I felt like I just stepped out of a salon when I left Haha. Now I know why people want to stay at The Hilton. I am spoiled now and will be back.

Room Tip: third floor almost at the end away from most traffic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Faith H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This new Doubletree property is gorgeous, very modern and sophisticated. They have great staff and the rooms are the perfect mix of modern furniture, good lighting, and great linens. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business