“Perfect Service in a Beautiful Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nate at the front desk of this DoubleTree greeted us with such warmth and with a willingness to please, words cannot express how grateful we were to find this hotel. Our reservations that evening were at a hotel in the Ashley section of Charleston, but we could not stay there as it was simply deplorably dirty. The DoubleTree was superb in everyway.
Nate treated my entire family asif they had arrived home and had nothing to worry about. He made sure we were checked in promptly and offered to get us anything we needed. He made sure we each received one of the delicious DoubleTree Cookies as we squared things away. We were all tired and a bit cranky but it all dissipated quickly with Nate's TLC.
The suite was goregous, with 2 double beds and a TV and refrigerator in one room with another TV and plenty of comfortable weating in an adjacent room which had a very comfortable pull out sofa. Pleny of room for the five of us.
The bathroom as very modern and well designed. The decor throughout the suite was very modern and well thought out. The ventilation system was great. We were on the second floor where the beautiful fitness center was. By far the best fitness center I have seen in this hotel category. The outdoor pool with the fire pit and cabanas was very enchanting even though it was raining. It was a bit too cold to actual swim, but the environment was so relaxing.
The next morning we had the breakfast buffet which had a good variety of very fresh food. Our two servers were very attentive and aimed to please.
I hope we have a chance to return here to enjoy this spot during the warmer months when we can swim and relax in this well newly designed hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is huge and you would not know that they are still finishing rooms on another floor. The c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank travelingmom1374

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hilton properties are my brand of choice. This property is brand new and spotless. Trina at the bar is awesome and recommended my dinner which was fabulous. The outside pool area is great an I can't wait to stay here again and make use of it.

Will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Tphillips212
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Everything about this newly opened property was great - both the property itself but particularly the staff. I was received a very enthusiastic welcome when checking in and can't say enough about the friendliness of the restaurant staff. I was upgraded to a fantastic one-bedroom suite which was very roomy and had everything you could want. The location isn't too far of a drive from the downtown area, very accessible to the airport and is convenient to most of the area. Aside from some fast food options, you don't have many restaurant choices nearby.

3  Thank ROTPS144
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights over a long weekend Feb. and it is very impressive. I've been to other DoubleTree hotels before, but this one is very unique in it's decor. It has an impressive bar area in the lobby with modern decor that I absolutely love! The place had a great gym area as well! Although it was too cold to swim, the pool area had outdoor cabanas! I hope to go back when it is warmer and take a dive in the pool!

The service here was great too. I went to breakfast and the server was very attentive and helpful. The maid in the hall greeted me while I passed by and asked if she could get me anything. It is just a great group!

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

3  Thank luvaznprincess
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As a frequent traveler, this was by far one of my best experiences in a hotel. The hotel was immaculately clean and the decor was wonderful. The staff was very impressive. Every staff member I encountered greeted me with a "good morning" and a smile (even the housekeeping team member down the hall). The breakfast was wonderful and their suites were quite spacious. I will most certainly be back to this property the next time I find myself in North Charleston.

3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'm a loyal diamond member with Hilton. When I realized what hotel I was staying at one I got to Charleston today I said uh oh. I stayed here the past and it was absolutely horrible, When I walked in the front door I was Absolutely floored once i saw the lobby now that Doubletree by Hilton has taken it over. They absolutely nailed the Decore From the modern furniture to the Bathroom All the way down to the carpet is absolutely beautiful. Please disregard all of the old reviews It is truly an amazing transformation. Thank you!!

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank bshaw1211
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My stay was fron 2/15/13 - 2/17/13. The room was clean. Vent a littlel noisey. Breakfast mediocre. I walked to the front desk to get the direct number for my brother and the lady I spoke to was rude, inpatient and nasty. Another woman at the front desk gave me a card. That's all she had to do since giving out 10 digits was too much to ask. I had to ask who she was. Turns out she's the General Manager! The rest of the staff was very pleasant. The hotel management sets the atmosphere and Tori's tone and behavior was horrendous. Guests pay too much $ to be treated with less than a smile. Take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Keisha J
Judy P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that your stay was less than perfect while a guest of ours. It is our goal to provide the best possible service and accommodations in Charleston. Every guest is very important to us and your comments will assist our team to do a better job of offering our true, warm hospitality. Should your travels bring you back to the area we would love to have you come back and experience what our brand is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.