“NOT WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Overall it was a decent hotel. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have nice 32" flatscreen TVs. I was with a wheelchair basketball team that was in town for a tournament and we found out it was not wheelchair friendly. I was told there was only 1 handicapped room that has a wheelchair accessible shower in the hotel. The other so called handicapped rooms are very small and wheelchairs can't even get to the bathtub. However, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that isn't in a wheelchair.

• Stayed: November 2009

Reviewed November 26, 2008

I stay at many Best Western's across the nation, and so far, this is the worst! Booked reservation on line through Gold Crown Club for two suites to accommodate self, spouse, and a couple from out of town to celebrate a special occasion. Upon arrival, the confirmed reservation had been changed, without notification and they would not correct it to what was originally booked and confirmed.

The dead bolts on the doors in both suites did not latch, nor did the bathroom doors.

In the breakfast area, the housekeeping staff lounged next to the coffee bar for more than 30 minutes, complaining loudly in front of guests about their dissatisfaction with working conditions.

The public ladies room on the first floor was labeled "Out of Order", and the hallway smelled like urine.

One of the staff removed a trash bag, dripping waffle batter all over the floor and through the lobby. Desk clerk had to be alerted to this after I slipped on it. She didn't seem to care, but eventually had someone mop it up.

Recommend you stay elsewhere if you want to enjoy the Charleston/North Charleston area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bwnchas, Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2009

To our valued guest
I am sorry your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations or did they meet mine. We Pride ourselves on cleanliness and i am sorry for the condition of the hotel during your visit. All repairs have been made and I ask that you give us another chance during your next visit to the area.Please be assured that any problems with staff attitude have been corrected. Thank You for your feed back, i truly take each response to heart.

Greg Olmstead
Best Western Airport

Reviewed October 20, 2008

I did stay at the hotel recently. The customer service there is awful not to say all of them, one in specific Sherel was very rude since the time I got there. Not helpful and gossiping a lot about other staff in front of customers. I had a problem with the reservation and instead of her handled it she had me calling the central office myself. The beds are so hard that I woke up with a terrible backache. I wont recomend this hotel to anyone and I will never stay there again.
MrsBuonanducci

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 14, 2008

This was a perfect choice, and we are fussy. We appreciated the spacious suite, pool, fitness room, average breakfast, Ruby Tuesday close by without going back on a major highway, warm friendly staff and overall newness and cleanliness.

We felt welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My family and I had a great stay at this very new, very clean hotel. The staff was great and very helpful and exceeded all of our expectations. Great place that I think once people find out about it that they will be very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed 4 Nights in the hotel. The Hotel is new and in an area of North Charleston that is relatively easy to access (I26). To call it Airport Hotel it is too far away from the airport. The matresses are more than hard and the service is lousy. On the fourth of july room service wanted to clean the rooms at 9.15 and when we asked them to come later we got a comment. Also the people behind the front desk where not very friendly. The "warm" breakfast was almost not existing. They served egg pattys (microwave was there to warm them) and had two waffle irons. There are definately better hotels for the money in the region.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I booked the reservation, and my sister stayed in the hotel with my son for one night. The following review is written by my sister:
"We stayed in Charleston for a concert at the Collesium. Parking is free and they offered a very good military rate ($92). We were on the 4th floor, which must be the smoking floor. Our room was designated non-smoking, but it reeked of cigarette smoke. We couldn't get the room cold enough for our taste, and realized the next morning when we opened the drapes that the windows were partially open, letting in warm air. Good thing we were on the 4th floor, so bad guys would have to climb pretty high up to break into our room. When we tried to close the windows, they would not latch! The living area (which was separate from the bedroom) had a sofa sleeper, which we needed for my 11-year-old nephew. The sleeper had no sheets or bedding whatsoever. We looked around the room before we called the front desk. They said they would send bedding up. We called about an hour later, because we needed to get going to dinner and then the concert, and they promised they would be right up. After another half-hour or so, we went downstairs to leave, and we told them at the desk to just put the bedding in our room. When we returned @ 11 p.m., there was still no bedding. I called downstairs & they said they couldn't send any up & that I needed to go downstairs to get it. This would be a good time to say that there is only ONE elevator for a 4-story hotel! I went downstairs and they gave me partial bedding--for the rest, the clerk went upstairs with me, back to the 4th floor, and retreived the rest from a closet. If she could come upstairs with me to do that, then why couldn't she just bring it all to my room? My nephew did enjoy the indoor pool. He loves to stay in hotels, and would stay just about anywhere. He was especially excited that we had a room on the 4th floor. However, when I asked him how he liked this hotel, he said, 'I don't want to go back there.'"

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family