“Highly Recommend”

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family and I have stayed at Best Western twice and both times we were very delighted with our stay. In the morning the breakfast area can get crowded but thats being nit picky.
Last time we stayed we forgot our toothpaste and instead of running to the store, the clerk at the front desk provided some for us.
My son also wore himself out at the pool,which we as parents appreciate when it comes to bed time!
whenever we travel to North Charleston this our place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for the second time. Your review is so important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ellicott City, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was an outstanding experience and a great value for the money. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the North Charleston area. This was my first time staying in a Best Western Motel and it truly exceeded my expectations. The staff was personable and appeared to generally glad to have me and my family as guests. The ironing board was missing from the room and my wife called the Front desk to report it. In less than five minutes an ironing board was delivered to the room. Awesome!.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience .We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We value you as a guest, and please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We arrived at 8 in the evening on a Friday night. No one was at the desk. I tapped the bell several times - no one appeared. After what seemed like 5 minutes or more, the phone rang . . and rang. . . and rang! Finally after what seemed like 12 + rings a clerk arrived from somewhere across the lobby to answer the phone. After hanging up, he took care of my reservation very business like, not very friendly. We left on a Sunday morning about 10. No one was at the desk at this supposedly busy time. I had to tap that darn bell again. A different guy came out and just looked at me. I said I was checking out and told him my name. He looked up my account on the computer, walked to get the printout while cracking his knuckles and returned to hand me the printout. Never said A WORD to me. No, "how was your stay" or "drive carefully" . . . NOTHING!

Breakfast was OK. . . but the floor in front of the "vittles" was STICKY . . . YUCK! Same for the floor in front of the elevators . . . sticky! There was a large stain on the bed covering. It looked like an old stain, but still, it didn't leave a very good impression.

The whole interior was rather drab looking! It would look a whole lot better with brighter paint and a more cheerful interior.

I was in Charleston for a wedding and scoping this place out for a family reunion in July. NO WAY JOSE! The pictures on their website were appealing and the other reviews looked good, but that was not my experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I am so sorry that you were not greeted properly, the employee should have been friendly and helpful. We appreciate your feedback so we can make corrections as needed. Thank you for letting us know of this situation. Your business is appreciated.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2014

we had a broken and leaking AC unit that soaked the floor, and the room had no towels but linens. once we informed the front desk we were told we could leave and not be charged...where was i going to take my family of 5 at 10pm and find a place during graduation weekend in charlestown? really???? then moved to a condemned room that was filthy and smelled musty, had no linens but towels. i didnt find out that the room was condemned unitl the morning! the jacuzi tub was dirty and you could see it (hence condemned). and we were still charged! 102 for a room that we were told we could check out of at no charge then paid for a condenmed room. total ignorance. if it were just me i wouldnt have really cared, but my 2 year old, my wife, my daughter and her husband was subjected to it. i have been in far worse places being that i am military and slept in worse places..but for my family to have a nasty room that stunk and had to move at night we where about to go to bed. i put up with crappy conditions so they dont have to....thats all i am saying.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry about the problems you experienced recently at our hotel. The situation should have been handled with more concern for you and your family. We will discuss this with our staff and make the necessary training so this will not happen again.
Your comments are very important since it gives the opportunity to improve in many area. Again on behalf of our entire staff, we apologize for the inconvenience to you.
Brunswick, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is is easy to access and in a great location. Appoximately three miles from Charleston Air Force base. Very comfortable and clean surroundings with excellent staff. Cracker Barrell is within walking distance from the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent Charleston visit. Your review is very important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you visit again soon.
Columbia, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is one of the few Best Western properties that I will stay at. The Plus means something and you can see and feel it with the quality and care of this property. I travel and live in hotels every week , I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for such review. First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your business. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service from check in to check out. It is so good to hear that we have exceeded your expectations, Best Western Plus is a great brand for travelers.
I will pass your comments on to our staff, and we look forward to seeing you and again in the future.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed May 27, 2014

no shuttle from airport at night no matter what the internet says. We had to get a ride to get to the hotel which is 10 minutes away. Small room. Breakfast was good but was very busy. arrive late could not get a late check out unless I got up at 7:00 am and met the manager. I wanted to sleep in not get up and then go back to sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Judy G
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience with the night time shuttle. However, we do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.