“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
ST LOUIS, United States
“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This location, although some what difficult to get in & out of town, was a very good hotel. Tucked away in an area of high traffic, among several others. The plus was the proximity of a very good restaurant

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience .We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We value you as a guest, and please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Beaufort, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel was clean and well maintained. Pool was nice. Many screaming children in that very small area can cause headaches tho. Breakfast was not as good for selection as other hotel free breakfasts, but what was there was ok. Would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed the convenience and accommodations of your most recent visit with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and your feedback is more than welcome as an encouraging reinforcement to the policies that we've implemented to improve upon each guests experience. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
United States
Reviewed April 20, 2014

our stay was ok, considerign that there was the only hotel with available rooms, after the first night we had some itching and little red marks, the breakfast is bad, their prices are ok, but I don't think is the best value you can get for your money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Carlos A
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
We are very concerned that you were not pleased with our facility. Your comments are important so we know of this visit.
Thank you for staying with us.
Bay Area, Calif
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I wish I could share my views of the hotel itself but unfortunately they gave our room away. Yes, we did have a guaranteed reservation with a credit card on file but when we arrive they said they didn't have our reservation. So I called their main reservations number and with just our name they were able to confirm that we had a reservation. The problem is this is spring break so they were now sold out. Eventually they admitted that they had given our room to someone who wanted to stay longer than we did. What? Is this the way to do business? You just give someones guaranteed reservation away because you can make sure the room is rented for a longer period of time? We eventually located a hotel, not too far away with a room. It was more expensive and much smaller than the one we had reserved but it was a place to stay. Definitely will never stay at this Best Western again and unless the parent company makes it right, we won't be staying at any Best Western in the future.

2 Thank Scuzie
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I am so sorry this happened to you. The manager knows of your comments and will do additional training so this does not happen again.
I know this was a major inconvenience to you and I sincerely apologize. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Charleston area, we thank you for traveling.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

So I booked here after running away from La Quinta Inn because it was filthy. I booked online and after the bad experience I decide to spend a little more and book the King suite with jacuzzi. I was all excited about it and when I check in the front desk girl tells me it is not available because is out of order (she didn't even apologize…so unprofessional) ok so they put us in this other suite on the 2nd floor… I look out of the window and what do I see?? a trash dumpster… it was 4 am and I was sleeping when I feel like a truck is gettin inside my room to pick up trash..couldn't sleep no more. In the morning I go to the front desk and show my disappointment because first I did not get the jacuzzi room and second you put me in a room with the dumpster right next to it??? So here comes where I really get mad… the second girl at the front desk comes out with a new story…is not that the room is out of order but is that they only got few so even if you book it but they are all busy they put you in a regular room…Ok..what kind of f…..y is this? I was a manager in a 5 stars hotel in Italy and I also worked in a travel agency and never heard all these stories in one day. She says she will let the manager know… the manager was right there in the back office but she didn't even come out apologize or try to solve the problem. If this is the manager then you know why the people who works under her are so unprofessional as well. They tell me they'll let me know what they can do..maybe a discount or switch to a better room… day 2 nobody gets back at me. I go down in the evening and the only nice and professional girl who works there tells me I can find the manager in the am and she can see in the notes left on her book that we will receive a discount…ok… the morning after I go downstairs..the manager was still in the back and came out to go eat but not to talk to customers… and this 4th girl at the reception tries to say I will not receive a discount because I already have government/military rate…IS THAT A GOOD EXCUSE TO GIVE PEOPLE A TERRIBLE SERVICE? I tell her don't play me around I know what's up with the jacuzzi room the lawsuit and everything because I just read reviews and saw pictures online so if the room is not available cause you shut them down they shouldn't be available to book on the website or that's a scam to me!!!! She then tries to fuss at me and tell me the discount is only for active duty soldiers and not for veterans… sorry boo boo I can read better than you and that is for active duty,retired, dod's and ANYONE holding a government issued military id card just like me…so she had to suck it up. But stilll no discount, no apologizes, manager no where to be found or not interested to make things better. What a shame for a best western chain where I never had a problem. I will report to BW headquarter for sure!!!

2 Thank elliz79
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
I am so sorry that our accommodations were not as you expected and that you felt that we were not friendly. Your comments are very important to us and we will discuss these issues with the staff so improvements can be made immediately.
Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for traveling
Guest Relations Mangers
Rock Hill
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the Cooper River Bridge run this year after a pleasant experience with this hotel 2 years ago. We were in room 422 this year and it is terribly rundown! Upon entering our "non-smoking" room we were immediately hit with the gross stale smell of cigarettes!! There were several large burn spots on the carpet! There were gross stains on the 2 chairs in the room. The control panel for the heat/AC was dented in and the cover for it fell off. The drain fixture in the bathroom sink was cracked and a chunk missing (how do you crack and take a chunk out of a metal fixture??)! There was a pink mold mystery substance all over the shower head spray holes! The king bed we were in was hard and lumpy and sagged in the middle. We are both small people, so it was not our body weight sagging the bed. We immediately asked to switch rooms, but were unable to because they were completely full (that was understandable, it was 6pm Friday night when we checked in.). We were hoping to switch rooms Saturday, as we had booked 2 nights here. We were open to taking ANY other room with any kind of bed arrangement, but somehow they were unable to give us another room either night. We will never be staying at this hotel again! I don't remember the room we were in 2 years ago, and can't speak for any other rooms currently, but 422 is a total dump!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SCbluesky
I am so sorry that you had so many problems with your room, we will address these issues and make improvements as needed. I also apologize for the inconvenience to you.
Your business is appreciated and thank you for traveling.
Atlanta
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel was nice but it was in an area that is popular with truckers so it was very busy. It is also off a winding road that made me a little nervous after dark. The continental breakfast was sub par. The biscuits were cold and crumbly. The oatmeal was a package with no raisins or brown sugar so just plain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Airport for your recent travel to the Charleston area.
We appreciate your review and will use your comments as a guide to improve.
Thank you for your business, please plan to visit again soon.