“2013 Family Reunion”

Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte
“2013 Family Reunion”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family reunion group of over 100 people enjoyed their stay at this Best Western. The hotel is in a great location to food, shopping and downtown! We enjoyed the clean rooms and overall appearance of the hotel! The free breakfast was also a plus!!!!! Thanks for accomodating us...2013 Murph Family Reunion!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Airport for your 2013 Reunion. I am so pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we thank you also for taking time to write this review so others know of your experience.
We hope your reunion will return to the Charleston area again soon (how about 2014) and will choose to stay with us.
Wishing you safe travels and thanking you for staying with us.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
salinas, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had an extremely positive experience staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites. The rooms are very big and come with a TV, Coffee/tea maker, Hairdryer, Iron, ironing board, A.C, Microwave, Refrigerator, Desk, Chairs, Internet and many more. The beds were amazing- I did not want to get up in the morning. The Front Desk was very helpful when I had questions about my bill and reservation. The rest of the staff was helpful too, when I had a question or two about the hotel or things in the area. The Lobby was very well maintained. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mitchell Y
Your review has been shared with the staff and management so they know their hard work is appreciated. We appreciate you taking time to write this review so other travelers know of our hotel.
Your business is very important to us, please plan to visit again soon.
LEESBURG, VA
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the only BW property that I have stayed where they require a "chit" to have breakfast. Breakfast had very little variety. Food was average, but the same through the entire week that I stayed. Staff was very courteous. Still a little unclear about the "branding" of BW properties. This hotel was branded as a "Plus" hotel, but not sure why...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Airport in Charleston for your recent stay. The Best Western Brand have 3 different brands, Best Western Plus is an upgraded property and competes with other brands as a "suite" facility. Best Western Premier is a full service hotel and the Best Western is more of .a regular hotel, a few less amenities, I hope this helps answer your question about the Brand. I prefer the Best Western Plus. You mentioned the "chit" for breakfast, this helps us determine how many guest take advantage of the breakfast and eliminates outsiders walking in for a free breakfast.
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and hope you will visit us and other Best Westerns in the system.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed the night before we flew out- wanted to avoid rush hour traffic to turn in rental car so we checked car in that evening and the free shuttle took us to the hotel. This hotel was clean, the room was comfortable with nice bedding and it was very quiet. The pool temperature was just perfect when I took an evening dip. We had a very restful night and felt pampered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was so good you felt pampered. I am glad we could help eliminate the stress of returning your car the day of travel, you are so right, sometimes it is a madhouse at the rental facilities.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Sodertalje, Sweden
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel was okay and is a good place to stay if you are passing through however we were disappointed with the breakfast which really could have been better.

North Charleston is really a lovely place to visit on the Atlantic coast with some great place to eat fresh seafood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you found your room to your liking. I will discuss the breakfast matter with our owner to insure it is up to Best Western Standards.
We appreciate your review and for staying with us.
Watkinsville, GA
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Watch out! If you stay here, you'd better review your credit card statement carefully.

We booked a 4-day stay at this motel on Priceline. The place is okay, but doesn't seem like it should be called a Best Western "plus". In fact, we were surprised that it qualified as a member of this chain, at all. We joked about how the national office probably doesn't inspect all their properties very often, and the staff here was pretty lackadaisical - like the stereotyped image of lazy southerners. There was trash on the parking lot; the hall rug was grubby; the room was cramped with no room for washup kits on the bathroom counter; internet was iffy at best and the tv sometimes worked, but only if you called the front desk and had them reboot; the breakfast bar ran out every morn, and the waitress refilled the hotplates about 5 minutes before the doors were locked, so we assumed she was making sure that she had leftovers to take home.

But the kick came later. I noticed a $50 charge on my credit card from this motel. So I called to straighten it out. The woman who answered said it was for "items removed from the room." I asked what these were, and she said she didn't know!!! The maid had reported that items were missing, and the maid wasn't working that day. (So they charged me for "items" without any record of what they were??!) I explained that I often fold up things like bedspreads that we aren't going to use and put them in the closet, and did the maid look there. She said she'd ask the maid and get back to me, next day. Well, 3 phone calls later, I finally reached her. She said the maid reported a missing coffee-maker, alarm clock, and ice bucket. I asked her if she'd checked drawers and closet for these items, since I might have set them aside to make room. She said, "you said you folded up the bedspreads and put them in the closet, not these things." (So if I'd mentioned putting away the coffee-maker instead of the bedspread, would she have accused me of stealing the bedspread, instead?)

Interesting. Since my husband and I don't drink coffee, we certainly wouldn't be ripping off their coffee-maker. We haven't used an alarm clock in years, not since I learned to set the alarm on my IPhone. And why would we rip off a plastic ice bucket that a bazillion grubby hands had touched? Good grief! Now, we might have put these items out of the way, because the room was so cramped and we needed places for our stuff in a multi-day stay. But steal them? Not hardly.

I asked to speak to the manager, and she said she'd have him call me. Guess what? He hasn't. I've tried repeatedly to call him. Was told and rudely by another woman that "he wasn't going to call me; she was the one that I'd had to speak to."

So I disputed the charge on my credit card and informed the national Best Western office about the incident. They did not offer any apology or satisfaction. I don't know what kind of scam this motel's staff is running, but I'd avoid this place like the plague. Best Western should be more responsible if they allow a motel to use their brand name.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Oh, my this is a complaint that we have never had before. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your accommodations and service and I apologize for any inconvenience to you. I will discuss your comments with the owner to see if any corrections are needed.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to stay the night in Charleston, so since we were going to get a decent rate for a weekend night, we chose this hotel.

The staff seemed pretty friendly and helpful for the most part. We got a non smoking room, and it smelled very pleasant when we walked in. The room was clean and comfortable, but the only problem we had was the EXTREMELY LOUD AND RUDE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM ACROSS THE HALL! Quite frankly, I really don't care to hear she was in the bathroom, and I am going to assume neither did the rest of the guests! The girl at the front desk was very apologetic, which I appreciated very much. It wasn't her fault the guests were rude and inconsiderate of others. I did suggest the hotel make a nice little card about "hotel etiquette" to place in the rooms to avoid any future issues. Hopefully they will take that suggestion seriously.

As for the breakfast, well-it was barely OK. We learned there was a waffle and a pancake machine that does work, however, that was only put out on the weekdays. We were told it was because the person who was in charge of that area "couldn't lift the machines, and has to have maintenance guys set it up because it was too heavy. Yet, I thought I saw a maintenance worker (a guy) roaming the halls. While I understand the machines might be a bit much to handle, I feel this hotel should NOT cheat their weekend guests because of something so trivial, and should find a reasonable solution.

Over all, the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and within walking distance to a couple of restaurants. Everything else was a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review and letting us know of your experience at our hotel. I am so sorry that you had loud, rude guest staying close to your room. This seldom happens but occasionally, we do get people that seem to enjoy disturbing the hotel. I will discuss the breakfast situation with the manager to insure everyone gets the same items.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you