“Don't plan on using the computer”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Mission Viejo, California
“Don't plan on using the computer”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here one night on a business/pleasure trip. Everything about the hotel was fine - nice clean room, comfortable bed and a decent hot breakfast. HOWEVER, they had two computers in a small room. Both must have been coal powered they were sooooooooooo sloooooooooooow! Tried to get on the internet for 20 minutes, alternating from one computer to the other but once I got on, I couldn't get the information I wanted and gave up as it took so long to do anything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that the internet connections were slow during your recent stay at our hotel. We will discuss this with our provider and make the necessary repairs. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you.
So glad that you found other accommodations satisfactory.
Thank you for your review and for your business.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Gardner, Colorado
Reviewed May 5, 2013

About a week ago I stayed here for three nights. It is advertised as a 2.5* or 3* depending upon websites. This Best Western should be a 2* with issues.

First the positives: Room was clean, linens clean, AC/heat worked smoothly, small fridge (no freezer, however) and mini microwave clean and running well. Housekeeping staff are kind. Access and parking are solid.

Some concerns:

It took 20 minutes to register though I had a pre-paid reservation with all my information. There was no line of people. The front desk clerk had to call a manager and someone else to figure out how to process my reservation. I had to keep asking the clerk what was happening because this person did not communicate. I am a Diamond Elite member of Best Western.

They had one of the worst breakfast rooms I've experienced from a Best Western Plus. Each time I tried to get breakfast the limited hot food was out (very small containers, seemingly intentional), the fruit they offered was canned fruit cocktail and they had those mealy cheap muffins. No yogurt, no hard boiled eggs, not even a waffle maker which seems to be the hallmark of 2* hotels. The coffee was decent (however the in-room coffee is to be avoided).

This hotel wisely provides a card in your room to fill out if you want your room refreshed. Pop it on your door on the way out and the housekeeping staff has no need to guess. Nice. However, I did this on my second day and when I got back in the evening the special card was gone and the room was ignored.

I make use of hotel fitness rooms. The water was out and never refreshed. Equipment was oddly arranged and it was dusty, with bits of trash here and there.

There were a lot of details this hotel glosses over and hope visitors tolerate. My tv reception was spotty with lots of static on most channels. Each time I went to use the wifi I had to authenticate (multiple times in a day). Their business center had two computers but only one is hooked up to a printer (no sign to denote this). Also the business center was full of wrappers of trash, two days in a row. The smokers are allowed to smoke in front of the main entrance so you get a big whiff each time in and out. Small details each if they worked on these the place would be decent. As such it gives the appearance of not caring and mismanagement.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I think that our front desk employee was new and not familiar with the prepaid reservation such as yours, I am sorry that it took so long for your check in. The other issues you mentioned will be discussed with the staff and corrected immediately. The owners of this hotel are new and working hard to renovate rooms and improve services. We will certainly correct the wifi and tv services plus place information at the business center as you suggested.
Always bring issues like this to the managers attention when you are at our hotel. He is normally available and anxious to hear from the guest.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, I hope you will visit again and see the improvements that are being made.
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here on the 26th of April after picking up son From Parris Island Marine Graduation, this place is great , clean, easy access to highway to airport very comfortable beds, ( our Marine almost crashed asleep when he layed down , that's how comfy the beds were ) nice pool, very shocked to see how clean and big the bathroom was. Front desk answered any questions we had, were cheerful , plenty of places to eat around or have food delivered , only little problem we had was ,the shuttle service to airport, we had a 7:30 am flight ,and the service starts at 7am, But the front desk told us that they would make reservations to have a taxi at the hotel for us, which they did.

Room Tip: rooms on 4th floor have very high ceilings ,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I know you must be very proud of your Marine, please thank him for his service protecting our country. We are so glad that you found our service and accommodations to your liking. We appreciate your kind review, please plan to visit us again soon. We appreciate your business.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice comfortable room; average breakfast with usual bread, bagel, fruit, etc. Paid 16000 rewards points. Diamond Elite rewards club member; requested top floor at time of reservation; called again one day before to request top floor, lady who took message said request entered; at checkin told request was in computer but ignored by everyone so only ground floor room available; unacceptable for diamond club member;

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Waynesville, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was very imprressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. and the attention had been taken
to provide the quality that was evident.. the employee's were very kind and helpful. l liked
th fact that there was no bedspread on the beds

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was good. The bathroom was the cleanest one we have had for a month of hotels. The staff was very polite and courtious. Breakfast was very good it even had fruit cut up. I would stay here again. For the money it would be very hard to beat.Clean and comfortable bed very clean linens.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Themenace4
Davenport, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Manager was rude. I was in bed when another guest walked in my room and said this is the second room I walked into with people in it. Manager called and asked me what I was doing in the room, Like I just broke in.So we went to go get keys reprogramed and asked why this happened and why she was so rude and she proceded to yell at me more and call me a liar then told me to get out, then called the police on me. The officer told me I was in the wrong place and that this area is racially charged, I am white and the mgr was black. Then the MGR lied to hotels.com and said we checked in at 12 noon when we were in Georgia at 12:30pm (almost 2 hrs away, we checked in at 3:40pm) and were refused a refund. Be careful if you go here. Dont make the manager mad by being upset that someone else walks in your room. as you can see by other reviews this has happened before. So needless to say our 2 and a half hour stay really was unpleasant.

Room Tip: Stay away from here and you will be better off.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business