“Clean and large rooms/Suites”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston North
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms are large and clean. Breakfast has a lot of variety, and was good. Front desk and breakfast room staff very attentive to make certain we had coupons to sights and restaurants in downtown Charleston. Hotel is difficult to find on GPS. Spacious bathrooms and ADA equipped if needed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Amanda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston North, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed our Express Start complimentary breakfast. Our staff truly enjoys sharing our beautiful city and all our historic sites. Our hotel is newer and can be difficult to locate on GPS. If this is a problem for other guests please call the hotel (843.569.3200) and we can give another address to get you here. Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Went to a great concert and stayed at this hotel
It was very nice...the people there are very helpfull and polite.
The room was very clean, had everything in it you need.
The breakfast was very good and had good choices of food
The rooms are large and very roomy
The price was a little bit high but you pay for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel has issues. I stayed here for 4 nights while traveling for business and in the first 24 hours was transferred to five additional rooms. For starters, they have little to no sound proofing in the floors or walls. This is worse in the rooms with an adjoining door between them. On the first night (after 9 hours of travel) I had someone above me who was pacing back and forth across his floor all night and would occasionally drop things. I called the front desk 3 times after midnight. On the 3rd call they sent security up to speak with him. He quieted down at 1:20 AM and started again at 4:30 AM. The following evening when I returned to the room I had a noisy group of guys in the room next to me (continual coughing, laughing and a very loud television) and another noise maker above me. I asked the front desk to move me to another room. I was moved to the top floor next to a room with a couple with a small child. The child kept screaming and giggling (on the encouragement of his father) well after 10:00 PM. I was moved again several times at this point:

The third room had a broken thermostat; the room was incredibly warm and humid.

The fourth room was full of housekeeping equipment.

The fifth room had a door that did not latch completely.

At this point I was preparing to check out but agreed to try one more. I was able to stay in the sixth room.

Housekeeping had some issues as well. When I returned to my room one evening the thermostat was turned down to 65 degrees and running continually. The room was freezing. Amenities were not replenished (cups, shower cap, etc.). The blankets were pulled back on the bed but the sheets were a mess.

Every noise in the hall was amplified enough that it was like having others in the room with you.

The redeeming quality of this hotel was the evening desk clerk, William. He went above and beyond to help me and he didn’t give up until I was comfortable. I was impressed with his professionalism; customer service like this is rare. However, other aspects of this hotel need improvement such as sound proofing, maintenance and housekeeping.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank foto_monkey
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times this year. It is always clean and neat. The hotel is updated and in great condition. Thanks for the breakfast and coffee at any time. I would like to give a special thanks to Elizabeth and Kristina, when I asked for directions to the beach at the front desk, they made sure I had everything I needed to get there with no problem, even gave me a construction update. And that saved me a lot of time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is very modern. Clean lines and contemporary furniture abound. The Breakfast menu is good and free and the wifi works. Reading lamps swing down from each side of the bed. I've used this hotel twice in the last month. Once to catch a plane at the Charleston airport next door and once to stay overnight before a hospital appointment early the next day.

You cannot go wrong booking this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Crappy service from staff. It not worth paying more to live somewhere if the staff mistreat you. Reference mainly to weekend staff. Did not allow us to do things that others were allowed to, and was reluctant to offer help. Claimed the pool was closed when others were in there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston North, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear AN1212,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your recent stay here. We are pleased that you gave us an excellent score on Cleanliness. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel during my Grandmother's sickness and funeral. They were so very accomodating and gave us a block of rooms for more family that came to town at a reduced price. The breakfast was always wonderful and stocked well. The front desk staff was incredibly friendly (actually the entire staff was) and the common areas were very clean. The rooms were also very clean and modern.
It was a very tough time for our family, and it was very comforting to not have to worry about our accomodations, and to have friendly faces and a nice room to come back to at the end of the day.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hallways are larger - 336 and 436 are the ones that I saw.