“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charleston, South Carolina
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My mother got a room here to just to get away for a little while after her brother died. When we walked into the room everything looked nice but when she pulled the sheets back on one of the beds it had brown stains on them that looked like poop (yuck). My mother called to the front desk to ask if someone could come and change the sheets, well the young lady at the front desk told my mother that they only do laundry ONCE A WEEK and they don't have any extra linens (Shocked out of my mind). She proceeds to tell my mom that they have a complimentary laundry room down stairs and she is welcomed to take the sheets and wash them herself. Needless to say we will NEVER EVER stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and please know we take your comments very seriously. Customer service and cleanliness are very important to us and we would like to resolve the issues you had immediately. The General Manager would like for you to please contact him at the hotel in order to address the specific problems you and your mother had during your stay. The phone number for the hotel is 843-797-3535. Thank you again for your review. We hope to hear from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the most poorly run establishments i have ever stayed in. At check in they were a room short. Did not have any rooms like we booked. When i got the last Key, i went to the room and opened the door to find that it was some one else's room. I went back to the front desk to let them know what i found. Her response was oops wrong room. If this is there normal security i don't want to ever stay at a Candlewood again. It was my first and last.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Homeschool D
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I greatly apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We take security very seriously and we are taking every precaution to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another chance to show you how important your review is to us and our management company. If you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Amy Banuelos
Director of Sales
843-797-3535
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I booked a two night stay with our children in this Candlewood Suites. Staff were nice, however, upon arrival the first night, the room we booked (double suite) was given to someone else and we were given two rooms and had to split up our family. One of the two rooms (which was designated nonsmoking) smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We were then given another room and it was tolerable. The televisions didn't work in two of the rooms. Phones were broken in one. After the first night, we asked if we could check into a double suite room (like we originally booked). The hotel complied, called us when it was ready. We got to this room and it smelled like a bug bomb. Strong chemical smell and windows were open. We asked the front desk and they reported that the floors have been cleaned and that is what the smell is. I have never smelled floor cleaner that had this strong of a chemical smell. Also, don't want my kids to stay in a room with such strong chemicals. Overall, very disappointed and will never come back to this hotel again. The staff were friendly which is about the only positive comment we have.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk with you today. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I am glad we were able to come to a resolution and hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you again in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sarah Parrish
843-797-3535
manager@cwcharleston.com
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and immediately loved this place when, at check-in, the clerk upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite. Another nice feature was the the free laundry facilities - which allowed me to wash my clothes, which was a big convenience as we headed out to the second leg of our trip. Finally - the hotel next to a mall and close to several restaurants (Olive Garden, O'Charleys, Outback)... so grabbing a bite to eat was easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Jacob and June, We are happy to hear you were happy with your stay and enjoyed your suite. Our complimentary laundry facilites are one of our many great amenities. Location is a big decision factor when choosing a hotel and we are proud that we are able to provide our guests with such a great location. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

The outside of the hotel is nice. But once I got to the door I was second guessing my stay. Penny was the lady checking us in and she was great and friendly. We went to our room and found noodles stuck to the ceiling. We asked for a different room. Penny kindly switched us to a new room. This room smelt bad of stall cigarettes. The chairs in both rooms had ripped pleather, the floors needed some major cleaning and even the closet doors were dirty. The bathrooms were spacious and seemed ok but we really didn't stay in the room long enough to find out. So after two different rooms we decided to go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Cleanliness is very important to us and we will definitely address the staff regarding your comments to ensure this never happens again. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how serious we are about your concerns. Thank you again for your review. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss this further.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is aging and shows it. The rooms are very good for the price, but if you get a seperate bedroom suite it can get very warm in the room. The AC is not directly in there and will need to be lowered a lot to cool it down. The beds are smaller than usual, a queen reminded me of a double. The showers had great water preassure and there is a large refrigerator in the room. Overall I can not post a good review because both my co-workers room and mine were not cleaned the next day. The good thing I can say is the people at the front desk are very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our property. We value comments both positive and negative as they help us continue to improve and grow as a hotel. All comments from our guests serve as a tool to strengthen our performance in the future. Candlewood Inn and Suites is an extended stay property and we do not have Housekeeping Services every day as different properties do. Guests are always encouraged to ask one of our accommodating desk clerks for anything that they need during their stay. We are truly sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give our hotel a second chance the next time you are in Charleston, SC. We look forward to seeing you.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I loved the people at the hotel not just the employees but the other guests! Hotel was clean and right next to a movie theater that had $5 movies! Free laundry was nice! Sarah and John at the desk were great! We Will be back. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you were pleased with the hotel. We are also glad to know you how much you liked our guests....we love them too! It's our goal to make our guests feel at home and I know Sarah and John certainly appreciate that you noticed the great customer service they provide. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again soon!