“THERE WAS A RAT”
Review of Cannon - CLOSED

Cannon
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had dinner at Cannon, formerly Cork, and there was a rat. NOT A MOUSE, A FULL ON RAT. Never mind the other things like limited menu, being out of items, and overpriced, those things I expect from Cork. THIS WAS A RAT! Not sure if I'm more appalled by the rat, the server who I told and told me (while playing on Facebook) that she didn't know what I wanted her to do about it, "I mean, we're by the water, it's going to happen. It won't attack you," or the bartender who was also there and responded with "yeah" bc she already flipping knew?!?

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I went here when it was cork and wasn't impressed then. Unfortunately my friends wanted to eat here so I thought I would give it a shot. Why in the world they chose to go with Italian concept when they are right across the street from an Italian restaurant and EVO pizza is beyond me. The menu sucks. The food however is horrendous and seriously over priced. I paid $10.00 for this gross carrot and fennel salad and no joke it was like something I could have put together from Publix. I've never seen a place mess up a salad. The service is still as slow as can be just like when it was cork. There's hardly any tables yet it takes almost 2 hours to get your food. All of my friends agreed that this place won't last.

It was so bad that I thought someone was playing a joke.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Wife had tenderloin which was my first choice on menu until waitress described a swordfish special.

Atmosphere was nearly identical to Cork but the food was nearly flawless. Actually it was flawless as I can't think of a thing we didn't like.

Only non-positive was waitress' failure to identify chef's appetizer selections.

Also had a bottle of Cannonball Cab Sav and I can see why it was the "owner's choice"

Phone battery died so no pictures. But we both agree it was an excellent evening. Time and money well spent!!

2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were sad to hear about the closing of Cork, but Cannon was a pleasant surprise and delightful experience. The staff made us feel warm and welcomed from the moment we walked in the door, and seated us promptly. The menu concept is fresh and exciting for an area like park circle and we couldn't be more pleased with the food. Our server was very knowledgeable and helped us navigate the menu. Started with the mussels and pimento cheese arancini- absolutely to die for. We then shared a delicious rustic marinara pasta dish and the flatbread du jour. my favorite part of our dining experience at Cannon wasn't just the delicious food, but the ambience allowed for us to feel at home- relaxed and warm. We will definitely be back...may even be our new favorite spot in Park Circle. Bravo, Cannon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a delicious and innovative dinner with friends at Cannon! I highly recommend the food and ambiance! The service was friendly and professional, and our charcuterie plate was a real treat. I will definitely return!