“Excellent Service and Value!!!!!!!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Port Huron, MI
“Excellent Service and Value!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and had an excellent stay! You cannot compare this to a 5 Star hotel, but it is 5 star for the price range!
Our room was very clean and when I mentioned I had allergies, housekeeping came in and redusted the entire room and vacuumed the floors daily for us.
The bath was cleaned everyday and was excellent.
The staff was always helpful.
The continental breakfast was typical but always hot and good. Also, being in the south, they had biscuits and hot sausage gravy.
Everyday they made fresh cookies for the lobby.
Check their website for special prices!
About ten miles outside of downtown Charleston and right near the expressway.
Close to popular restaurants.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Convenient location and quality of room.
  • Disliked — Television needs to be raised up on a platform?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
GA
Reviewed June 4, 2008

As a first time visitor to Charleston, SC. I was very impressed! The hotel staff were very helpful & friendly.The room was clean; we always had fresh new sheets & towels each day! And the breakfast was even better, always a variety for everyone who wants a healthy & yummy breakfast! The heated pool was also very nice & clean. I recommend you stay here if you are coming to the Charleston area. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2008

My wife and I were in the area in May on vacation and were not happy with the hotel we had originally booked, we called up this Country Inn and they had a room for us and once we arrived we were very happy with our change. The hotel and the room was very clean and comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful during our entire stay. Would recommend this hotel while in the Charleston area if you don't mind staying a little bit away from downtown.

• Liked — clean and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank dale3
Darien, GA
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Front desk and Housekepping staff was awesome. Front desk employee treated me like they was working for a five star hotel.
Housekeeper did grate job to clean rooms bathroom was clean and nice they have Shampoo, Soaps, In room coffee maker, Micro-fridge. We have grate time with my family. We love the breakfast in morning. It was excellent! I was using gold points and was upgraded due to my membership/status! Thanks!
Love your hotel. We come to Charleston every few months to visit family and always stay at the Country
Inn in North Charleston. Great location. Great staff!

Stayed March 2008
North Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2007

This hotel was extremely nice. Lobby presented an exceptional welcome with sitting area and fire place. The attendant at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Fresh baked chocolate cookes and coffee at front desk for guests; great after a hard day's work. Everything looked brand new. The room was very nicely furnished; very nice room . I could not get over how nice everything was. I would definitely rate this hotel a 5.0. I recommend this hotel above and beyond others in the area.

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — Parking Lot
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2007

We have just returned from our stay at Country Inn & Suites North Charleston, South Carolina. This place is second to none. The whole experience was great. They treated us like family. The owners, Mr & Mrs Patel, really know how to professionally run a business. Essie greeted us at check in & helped us with directions. Her personality is a plus. This place is one of the cleanest that we have ever stayed. The place smells clean the minute you walk in. Housekeeping goes above and beyond. They take pride in their work & it shows. They are the perfect team. They could teach these other chains a thing or two about real housekeeping.
My grandson enjoyed the indoor heated pool. Fresh towels were provided for all guests in the pool room.
We really hated to leave. Believe it or not check out is 12: noon.
We will stay here again & would advise others to do the same.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing to mention
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2007

This hotel is in an easy to find location directly off I-26 with several chain and fast food restaurants in close proximity. The Noisy Oyster (great steamed oysters and broiled seafood platter) is a local favorite that is within 3-4 miles. Walmart and Target are also close. The waterfront/battery/aquarium are about 14 miles.

The beds are very soft (not cheap or lumpy). The air in the room was tricky to work. It is nice that the rooms offer two queens and not two fulls. The bathroom had excellent lighting.

Our embarrasing moment was when my daughter opened the desk draw (9 year old) and found an adult toy inside. I took it to the desk in a plastic bag after wrapping it up. I gave it to the front desk manager and explained I know that people leave things behind and it wouldn't have been a big deal if my daughter hadn't been the one to find it. At checkout the manager gave us extra points for our stay. I was pleased with his gesture.

There was also a boy's hockey team staying on property. I guess I should ask about those things when booking. It was obvious their parents had no intentions of giving them any boundaries while at the property so we didn't utilize the hotel pool the second night.

The pool was a nice temperature and the room didn't smell like chlorine. It is a small pool.

The bed linens were clean and the room was clean except for the one finding. The fridge and microwave were a nice treat. For the rate I would stay there again.

• Liked — The pool, the location, the rate, the microwave and fridge
  • Disliked — The "surprise"
  • Tips/Secrets — Check all drawers and closets when traveling.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family