“Faulty A/C unit made for miserable stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
San Antonio, Texas
“Faulty A/C unit made for miserable stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

As a frequent traveler, and fan of Country Inn & Suites, I was completely shocked by my less than mediocre stay at Country Inn & Suites, North Charleston. My main complaint was the rattletrap A/C floor unit that chugged and choked throughout the night, keeping my husband and I awake, and miserably hot. Grumpy and exhausted the following morning, we waited at the front desk to file a complaint, and walked out, out of sheer frustration, because the clerk was not there.The pool was very nice, and the rest of the hotel was clean, and the staff courteous, however we will not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask front desk if the A/C units are updated.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charlestonnorth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our son is in the Navy and we stopped into Charleston while heading back north from Florida vacation. I booked this hotel on the fly via smart phone because my son gave us literally 6 hours notice of his plans to be in South Carolina. We booked via Travelocity and got a good deal. We arrived and checked in smoothly. Room was clean and beds very comfortable. Only issue, because we checked in around 10pm we didn't know until we were awakened in the early morning by the sound of a hollow tunnel of voices having fun, our room was above the pool! However still wasn't awful. It was very close to restaurants (some within short walk). Great shopping nearby including ,The Tanger Charleston outlets were the best and only minutes away! We returned to our room later in the evening during our weekend stay to find ants. The hotel addressed the concern immediately by apologizing, upgrading our room while they addressed the issue. The front desk clerk just kept apologizing. Honestly, ants are common this time of year and they wer in an isolated area so it was not a big deal and we were not looking to make it out to be. They could not been more accomodating. The free breakfast was better than most! It was a comfortable weekend stay. Nice to have micro and frig in the room!

Room Tip: Try to avoid late check in for room choice. Be sure to ask where the room is with proximity to the p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlestonnorth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better Country Inns that I have stayed in through the US. I can't say anything bad about the place at all. Hotel was clean, convenient, staff was extremely nice and helpful. Charleston is one of my favorite places. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlestonnorth, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Country Inn. The staff was very nice and professional from beginning to end of my stay there. The rooms were very clean and smelled very fresh. Location was convenient for me and my daughter. The breakfast that is provided was very good. I felt safe and had no problems. The pool was clean. I would definitely stay again when I am in the Charleston area. GREAT JOB COUNTRY INN & SUITES NORTH CHARLESTON!

Room Tip: I believe whatever your needs are they can accommodate.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greensboro, nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in April and we were quite disappointed. The shower curtain had mold, the sheets were extremely thin and the pillows were terrible. I used two pillows and they were so soft it was like I didn't have a pillow at all. I complained to the front desk clerk but to this date i have received no response from management. Take my advise and find a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charlestonnorth, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for JoeAnn @ 843-572-0083
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our stay was a great experience. Joanne and the entire staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel was clean and inviting. The indoor pool had extended hours. The continental breakfast had a good variety of food selections and was well stocked. I felt safe in this hotel. The rooms were spacious. The only blip was not enough parking spaces especially if you are a guest that comes in late at night. There was a grassy area in which we were directed to park.

Room Tip: If you want to park your car in the parking lot, you probably need to get in before 10pm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kendra M

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here over the weekend as I prepared to run the Cooper River Bridge Run. Although we got to Charleston very late, it was a good stay. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful...even gave us great directions to downtown to assist in avoding the 'Run' traffic. The room was spacious and clean. We did not have an opportunity to eat breakfast Saturday morning but we had some of the delicious cookies in the front lobby as our midnight snack. The location was perfect for me getting to my shuttle at the Convention Center and touring Charleston Sunday. Most Country Inn & Suites are pet friendly but this one is not. Glad I called to confirm before bringing the pooch. The price was a little steep to be in North Charleston. I would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family