“A great experience for a reasonable price!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Orlando, Florida
“A great experience for a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We needed to stay overnight while attending to someone in the hospital, so we were pretty tired and emotional by the end of the day when we checked in. Everything could have gone so wrong...but it did not. Beverly was GREAT! She was handling the front desk by herself but never stopped smiling and was very accommodating to make sure we had a room at the end of the hall away from any potential noise so we could rest. We were on the 3rd floor and had double beds with a separate sofa bed sitting area (excellent TVs and with extended cable in both areas - definitely a plus if you have kids!) There was an iHome dock which presented a nice treat not to have to dig for the iPhone plug at the end of the day. The beds were up to the usual Marriott comfort - white, clean, fluffy..very easy to sink down into when tired! The room was clean and very well furnished. The bathroom had clean, white towels and plenty of toiletries. The shower had a rain head that worked perfectly. The accommodations were excellent and the price was exceptionally reasonable for Charleston. My only regret is that we slept in and did not get to experience breakfast! We will certainly stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Recently, I purchased a two room -two night stay at this establishment through reservation. I felt violated when I returned home and found 6 different charges on my account totaling in the amount of $920.00. I was never made aware of these charges during checkout or check in. I did not sign any paper during or upon leaving my stay that indicated any of these charges from Fairfield Marriott! I had to contact my bank to have most of the charges removed after submission of documents from the reservation. I still have a charge on my account that needs to be removed over hundred dollars!

Room Tip: The bottom floor is pet friendly.
1 Thank Undrel P
Adam W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I apologize about your negative experience here at the hotel. I have emailed you directly about your experience and hope to hear back. Please feel free to reach me at the hotel at any time to discuss. Thank you for your feedback.
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is a great inexpensive property. I rate it as poor because of the following;
We were placed in a handicapped room. We have a 2 1/2 year old that needs a bath tub.
We were placed on the first floor, It sounded like people were stomping up above.
There was an adjoining room that sounded as if we were in the same room. The noise level was very loud. We did not get room service. The housekeeping staff left a note explaining that we left personal items on the bed. We left our personal pillows and my 2 1/2 year old's suitcase on the bed. We have never had this problem in the past. My husband went to inquire at the front desk they confirmed that this was there policy and we would not receive room service because the staff had left for that day. It would have been nice to had been informed of this policy. Other than these things the hotel was great and could have been excellent.

Room Tip: If you do not like noise stay on the upper level. Remove all personal items from the bed so you wil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear of the issues during your stay. I would like the opportunity to discuss them with you further. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback.
Walhalla, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Check in was fast. The lobby had been updated. Room had 2 queens and a pull out sleeper sofa, which was nice as my husband and I had our 3 children (11, 11, and 8). There was 2 flat screen tv's. My son and daughter both forgot their toothbrushes, we called down to the front desk and they gave us some. The beds were comfy and bedspreads had been washed. Usually that's the first thing I remove when going into a hotel room but these were nice. There was an iPod/iPhone docking station/alarm clock in the room.The free hot breakfast was actually good and there was eggs, canadian bacon, fresh cut and whole fruit, waffles, biscuits, yogurt, bagels, orange and apple juice, coffee, and other items. The seating was very spacious in the dining area and there was plug ins if one needed to charge their phone or laptop. Upon check-out I had a fax that needed to be sent and the front desk clerk was more than helpful. I didn't catch her name but very polite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of our newly renovated hotel and its great to hear positive things from our guests regarding our new features. We hope to see you again in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there two times in a row to visit our grandkids. Excellent service and hotel. Would stay a third time. Always greeted by the front desk! Very nice staff, very clean, nice breakfast. Only minor problem was the couch in the room was a little dirty but no real big deal

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your comments. We feel priveleged to have hosted you on numerous occasions and we can not wait for your next visit. See you soon!
Piedmont, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Located just off I-26 with complimentary transportation to and from the cruise port in Charleston. Complimentary breakfast was very good and customer service was great! Only complaint was with dogs staying in rooms nearby (yapping) and owners failed to cleanup mess in hallway. Cleanliness low rating was only because of dog mess in hallway.

Room Tip: Suites are available to sleep up to 5 or 6. Assume higher level floor would have less disturbance f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rdyoungsc
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love offering our guests the park and cruise package which allows you to leave your car here during your cruise and provides transportation to and from the cruise port. We hope to see you again the next time you cruise!
Kernersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hotel was clean and convenient to interstate. The managers cocktail hour was a nice addition for this price level hotel. Location good if on business in North Charleston. Several restaurants within a couple miles. Rooms were large and recently updated. Parking somewhat tight as tractor trailers park all down the street. Area of hotel just so so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business