“Great hotel, and will definitely be back”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Memphis, TN USA
“Great hotel, and will definitely be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is another outstanding Choice Hotel. Location great; easy access to interstate, and downtown minutes away. Hotel was very clean, no extraneous room noise, and very friendly and accomodating manager. Excellent breakfasts, and also snack/drink time late afternoon. Will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ramcclain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a wonderful hotel nestled off of Ashley Phosphate Rd. Although the location is tucked back behind some other hotels it ensures you don't have to worry about noise/traffic. We stayed here for a conference that was at the Convention Center and the distance was not bad at all. The hotel was clean and the staff were warm and welcoming. I asked for more towels and they gave me four. As an added bonus they have a "Managers Reception" every weekday around 5:30 where you get free drinks (yes alcohol) and snacks. How cool. I would def stay here again. Beds were comfy, bathroom standard, elevator was a little slow but its only 4 stories. Kudos to This Comfort Suites!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank MRSVICTORY
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Ok, so we booked this hotel to go to the American Idol Auditions. It was right off the main drag, close to the Interstate, but was set back behind another hotel. Lots of 18-wheelers were parked on the street which made it difficult to manuever to our hotel. This is a relatively small hotel, check in was a breeze, and the lobby was beautiful. We got a room on the first floor which I usually don't prefer, but with the hotel completely booked with AI as well as Baseball Championships in town, we took what we could get. It was relatively quiet though and didn't seem crowded.

We got the Double suite which gave the three of us a good amount of room to move around. Very small microwave and refrigerator were convenient. We did not receive housekeeping 2 of the 4 days we were there, and I ended up going to the front desk at 3 am to get toilet tissue as thre were no extra in the room.

Breakfast was OK, a carb fest, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Happy hour every day was reaaly nice, but the "lounge" is small and can get loud. The pool area was nice, but very very hot and the chairs and lounges have metal frames so you get a 3rd degree burn if you touch them. (ok, maybe not, but be careful)

Overall I'd say a good value for the money. Convenient location, only about 20 minutes from downtown Charleston and lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank truescorpio1118
South Carolina, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Our stay here was about what I expected. The location is centrally located to the interstate. Lots of shopping and chain restaurants nearby. There are a bunch of other hotels all within a mile of eachother. I had to find a pet friendly hotel and this was one of the only options. Lobby was clean. Room was clean and decent sized. The AC wouldn't go lower than '65', although I doubt it was actually 65 in the room. Felt more like 70+. I'm the type that typically wants a jacket wherever I go because I'm cold natured, so I feel confident saying the room was warm, which made it difficult to sleep. We also had neighbors on the floor that were loud and up very late. We also awoke to the sound of a basketball in the parking lot at about 2am. Neighborhood wasn't a place I felt overly comfortable walking the dogs, but I wouldn't say it was unsafe.

Breakfast was just ok - pretty standard for hotel continental.

I booked the place because of the pool, but found it odd that everyone in the lobby or sitting/breaksfast area had a birds eye view of pool through a large glass wall. I didn't feel comfortable enough to go out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was working nearby. The motel is conveniently located near the mall and many restaurants. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the motel has easy access to I-26.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank advocon
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious.

I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OlderWiserSmart
Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I went there for several reasons and it was centrally located for all my events. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. My toilet was flushing every 30 seconds when I arrived and reported it to the front desk. I expected to be moved to another room, but they stated they would send someone to fix it. That is exactly what they did and to my surprise, it was fixed promptly. I would recommend this clean and friendly hotel to anyone. I will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SheShe25
Travelers also viewed these North Charleston hotels
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#5 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston North
Hampton Inn Charleston North
#4 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#16 of 58 in North Charleston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & ...
#25 of 58 in North Charleston
Residence Inn Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Residence Inn Charleston North/A...
#18 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!