“Get Lunch Specials @ Dinner”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oriental Cuisine Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 352 Restaurants in North Charleston
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed April 27, 2016

Went with relatives who visit once per week for years. Service was great, food was good. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

This place is just awesome. My family is trying to get there at least twice a month even though we live in Mount Pleasant. The food is just so good. I think of the Lumpia rolls often. On our last trip we tried the usual suspects, Pancit Guisado, Pepper Steak, General Tsao chicken. All where awesome as usual. We promised ourselves the next time we go we were going to try a couple new things.

We are going this evening!

Reviewed January 27, 2016 via mobile

This place is awesome. No idea what some of these reviewers are talking about. The Lumpia rolls are insanely good! The Chinese Vegetable Soup is amazing and the fresh cabbage on top is great. The General Tsaos Chicken , Pancit Guisado, and the Proper Steak are all must get items!

This place is legit.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went for lunch and ordered one of the specials. Lunch comes with two lumpia, Philippine style egg roles, which are great. The food was hot and tasty. I ordered hot tea which comes in a tea pot with oriental style cups. The service was fast and the waitress checked frequently to make sure everything was going well.

2  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This restaurant used to be THE place to go for oriental food in the 70's and 80's. Since then it has moved to a poorly kept strip mall. The first thing you will notice upon entering is the "B" rating by the door. Inside is shabby and dark but the dining area did appear clean. I don't know about the kitchen however or what prompted the "B" rating but those ratings are pretty rare so there must be a reason.

We were promptly seated but our waitress was disinterested. For lunch they have special plates with entree, bacon fried rice and 2 lumpia. This was not pointed out to us when we were seated and handed regular menus. It only came up when I ordered the Pancit Guisado and she asked if I wanted the regular or the lunch plate. We had planned on ordering a PuPu platter but were told they were out of some items.

My mother just ordered Lumpia. My Pancit definitely had seen better days. It was obviously cooked ahead and reheated, tasting very much like the leftover it was. The rice was plain, with a bacon grease flavor and feel. The lumpia were good, served with a sweetish soy based sauce.

We drank water with lemon but the lemon looked so bad I did not squeeze it into my drink.

I do not know of any other place in the area that serves Lumpia and that is the only reason I would go back. On Sundays they have a buffet. Hopefully the food is fresher then if the crowd is large enough to prompt the kitchen to cook new food...

2  Thank Labpyra