“Hooray We Now Have A Great Thai Restaurant On Our Side Of Town!!!!”
Review of Hibachi Grill

Hibachi Grill
Ranked #100 of 351 Restaurants in North Charleston
Reviewed August 31, 2015

We now have our own Thai Restaurant in North Charleston. No more Trekking all the way downtown and fighting the parking or traffic in search of exquisite Thai Cuisine.

Lanna's on Ashley Phosphate Road in North Charleston will bring a taste of Thailand right to your table. I had take out lunch there earlier this month and was very pleased with my meal. I ordered house special Thai Fried Rice Spicy Hot. It had chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, bean sprouts, eggs, onions, rice, basil and green peppers. They let you create your own dish. I also ordered beef curry. Both dishes were scrumptious.

The restaurant is a sit down or take out restaurant. It seats about 140 people. The staff is very friendly, English speaking and fast and efficient. My entire meal was under $17 dollars and all the food was cooked fresh to order.

Lanna - Welcome To North Charleston - Your arrival is long over due and most welcome. Though I did not get to eat in the last time, be assured very soon I will sit and relax and have a wonderful cup of Thai Tea with my meal.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

This was a return visit (since our initial meal several years ago)...wow, talk about seeking an identity. "Hibachi Grill" advertising Japanese food, then Vietnamese food on the window banners, and, when we walked in, we were handed a menu for Thai food with Vietnamese (small listing) on the back. I had the beef bun (salad) which was passable and my wife had the normal bowl of pho which, despite the rather dishwater look, still tasted fine. Spiced just right. Dreary atmosphere in a less than savory part of town. Overall, I'm afraid it might be going down. Try Phuong Vietnamese nearby on Rivers Ave instead.

Reviewed May 16, 2015 via mobile

You're not getting the show of a normal teppanyaki place, but you also don't pay for it. Don't let the simple older style put you off. Good japanese food at an excellent price and well worth the visit.

1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed November 6, 2014

Fantastic Service. Food is always hot. I go all the time. I recommend this place to anyone. I love this place!

Reviewed September 23, 2014

Thanks to Hanna Raskin of the Post-Courier for the glowing review of this restaurant. While I wouldn't call it "the best Vietnamese food in Charleston" (as she did...Phuong Restaurant on Rivers Ave @ Remount Rd. is still my favorite), this is a good little place that deserves a visit. I had the bun bo hue (spicy beef soup) and my wife had the classic pho. The Vietnamese dishes are on the back page of the menu and both our choices were great. The kitchen also puts out some yaki soba (noodles) and various Chinese and hibachi items, but we will return for the soups. The owner said her mee is the one to get - her noodles are supposed to be great. So let's schedule another visit!

1  Thank Manco T