“Just OK !!!!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Kinston, North Carolina
“Just OK !!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Service was good & fast.Food was hot & quite tasty.Did not like the smell of the resturant & the bathroom needed some attention.There was a curtain hanging near the bathroom with what looked to be a vacum cleaner behind it (this looked very tacky).Normally I would have left but I did not want to upset my family especially since I was the one to recommend to eat their.

Visited September 2012

Chesnee, South Carolina
“Great family restaurant!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went there with several children. They had a really good selection of foods from burgers to vegetables. The staff was very friendly. They gave a nice helping of food, not skimpy like some places. They had a great selection of homemade desserts but we didn't have room for any!

Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love this restaurant!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food was great!! This is my second time having Perkins. The first experience was in Greenville SC. I was happy to hear that there was a Perkins near the hotel I was staying at in North Charleston. The waitress however acted as though she had better things to do than to serve my sister and myself. Other than that incident the food and atmosphere were great!

• Visited July 2012
florida
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just returned from eating at Perkins on Rivers Ave. in North Charleston, SC. I've always enjoyed eating at Perkins before but tonight was an exception. When we first arrived, we were the only people there and it was 6:00pm. Of course, it was a Sunday night, so maybe it's usual for it to be slow. Shortly after we were seated in a booth, another couple arrived and were seated at a table just across from us. Another couple arrived and were seated in a booth three or four booths away. Now, a couple arrives with a baby and a toddler. Keep in mind that the entire restaurant is empty except for three over 65 couples. Where does the waitress seat the young couple with small children...you guessed it! In the booth right behind us. We were unable to enjoy our dinner with the toddler leaning into our booth with syrupy sticky hands and running his trucks down the back of my seat! Also, Mommy read loudly all the names of Thomas the Tank Engine characters that we could not talk over, plus the children were noisy too. To top it off, the music playing throughout the restaurant was a religious radio station. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against religion but we felt it was totally inappropriate. Of course, it is Sunday so maybe they decided to give us our religion for the day. Don't you think that maybe Perkins corporate office might have a problem with this?

We ate half of our dinner and asked for the rest to be boxed to go. Won't go back again, that's for sure.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank sawasdi
Charleston, South Carolina
“Quiet - Nice French Toast”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Perkins offers decent food with HUGE portions. The French toast should not upset anyone. Also, the skillet dishes are quite nice. Service is generally friendly. I also recommend their blueberry mammoth muffins. Only thing I found odd was that the restaurant is generally very quiet.

Visited May 2012