“I only had the Mussels.”

Fratello's Italian Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratello's Italian Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fratellos Italian Tavern is an American Italian restaurant located in Mount Pleasant in the I'On Community, featuring Italian comfort cuisine with a menu driven by local seasonal ingredients and a homestyle feel. The word Fratello in Italian refers to fraternity or brother. It is this bond that our proprietor Richard Tuorto and Chef Kevin Bruntz had in mind when they shared favorite family recipes to create a unique dining experience.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went here for lunch one day with some colleagues and paid $22 bucks for Mussels and Tomatoes and Mozzarella. I really enjoyed my lunch! I only am only talking about the Mussels becuase let's face it can you screw up Tomatoes and Mozzarella- well probably, but the did not. The Mussels were great: I cannot wait to go back and see if the quality was a fluke or a trend. I recommend giving this restaurant a try.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wow, this beats downtown Charleston. We has Osso Buco, not only did we have the Chef come out and advise us about the cut, we had the waitress hover around anticipating our every need. An OMG antipasta, combined with great house red, reasonable prices makes this a future favorite of ours. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited on a week night and the place was about 1/3 full. That made it even more obvious that our server clueless about his job and how to manage a table of guests.
We repeatedly had to ask for water refills, bread baskets were not refilled and silver wear was cleared but not replaced so 2 people waited more than 5 mins to star entrees because they didn't have forks. Server kept disappearing for 10+ mins at a time. The only time he was attentive was when it was time to pay the bill.
Overall really bad because it took away from the food which was nice. Recommended appetizers are mussels and calamari. Everyone agreed that entrees were tasty and cooked well. Our party tried 5 different pasta dishes.
I will go back and give them one more chance but make a point to get a different server should I get stuck with this same guy again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The menu is diverse and comprised of the owners family recipes. There's nothing on the menu over $20. Considering the portions and quality many items seem under priced. Park Circle is absolutely the cultural center of North Charleston and there are a variety of shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. For Italian, do not pass up Fratello's.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Poor service seems to be the theme in the park circle area. They charge downtown Charleston prices for faux cuisine. We were there at Christmas time and the place was just beautiful. I was so excited to try something new in the area. The staff was friendly as well. We were one of 4 tables with people at it and it took 20 minutes to get our wine which we got before our bread that we had to ask for twice. We also kept getting things once piece at a time, bread but no oil or balsamic vinegar, etc. It took forever to get our food and it was clear that our server was very inexperienced. The food was average as mine was pretty heavy on the salt and the pork was kind of chewy. I love the park circle neighborhood and I'd love to see it revitalized but I'm just so disappointed on the delivery of service and food quality. Hopefully once there is more competition in the area these owners will be forced to get their act together. I will stick to downtown Charleston if I want a nice meal with excellent service.

2  Thank Kld03c