“Family Reunion”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Family Reunion”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly. We love the Hilton Garden Inn so much, we've decided to use them for all our family reunions in every city. The coordinator at the hotel made sure we had enough rooms to accomadate al family members; even those who booked pass the cut off time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear 997Deb,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay! I am so glad we were able to accommodate everyone's stay and I will be happy to pass on your happiness to the Sales Coordinator who helped you. We look forward to seeing you if you should come to Charleston again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Port Saint Joe, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel and had $1,000 worth of jewelry stolen from my room. So many clues lead to the maid service as the culprit. Filled a police report and hotel filed claim with insurance company. Maid said I did not do it! I only got an I am sorry it was handled so poorly by management. Called the corporation that owned it. Never got a call back. Contact Hilton they said we are sorry. I will never go back there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HGIMGT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Dash25,

We are very sorry to hear about this incident and would like to apologize if you feel your concerns have not been handled to your satisfaction. We take the safety and security of our guests and their belongings very seriously. The Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport & Convention Center has very specific hotel safety and security policies and comply with all authorities involved in any situation such as this. In addition to our safety and security policies, we provide complimentary safety deposit boxes for our guests, should they need one for any reason.

Best Regards,

Marcus Rogers | General Manager – Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport & Conv. Center
Wilmington
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I walked into the hotel with no reservation because the Hampton Inn I was staying at was lacking. I guess it's time for a upgrade, the Hilton Garden Inn is where I need to be.

The attendant at the counter was very friendly and checked me in very quickly. She told me all about the amenities and requested I call her if there was anything I needed or that wasn't to my liking. I got into the room and it was nice. Although tired I decided to check it out and I had no complaints.

I decided to order room service and it was a great choice. I was stuck between the NY strip and short ribs. They were out of the short ribs as it was almost time for the kitchen to close. I went with the strip. I ordered a special request (no bacon in the mashed potatoes) and was called back promptly to inform me that it was cooked into the potatoes. I was offered several choices that were not on the menu. I picked one and all was well. When my food arrived it made my short stay even better. The food was cooked perfectly. I had no complaints at all.

The bed was extremely comfortable and firm. I had no complaints about the room. However, when I woke up the next morning to shower there was a bug in the shower. When I went to check out I informed the front desk attendant and she apologized. I showed her a picture and she asked that I send it to the proper people within the hotel staff. She took my email address and within an hour she emailed me regarding the picture. I was very impressed at the way they took responsibility for the issue and genuinely wanted to remedy it.

The attendant tried to offer me a few things but I only took a soda because I was going to stop to grab one. I will stay at this hotel again if I should be in the area. They really care about their hotel and guest.

The hotel layout is great. It is updated and bright. I felt it to be welcoming from the moment I stepped inside. I really hope I get to visit again and stay longer as this was only one night.

Room Tip: Try not to get an adjoining room as the sound of the TV carries a bit.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden very much, the room was very clean, the staff was extremely nice. I will stay here again, the location is great, next the the collisuim and there is a wonderful shopping area apx. 1 block up on the left, Tanger Mall outlets, Wal Mart etc. good restraunts in walking distance. They even allowed me a late check out until 12:00............very thoughtful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

murrells inlet, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I were recent guests at the Charleston Airport Hilton Garden Inn and were extremely impressed with EVERY member of the staff at that facility. Everyone was above and beyond! We would return to that facility in the future without hesitation. We became members of the Hilton Honors program during our visit and look forward to future Hilton stays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Nanuet, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2013

First, the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport with the Tanger outlets up the road and just a short drive to downtown,beaches, etc. We arrived well before check-in time, but Jillian was welcoming and gave great suggestions for sightseeing, maps, directions and restaurant recommendations. The lobby is warm and welcoming and our room was spotless and very comfortable. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, nothing spectacular but the service was excellent. We didn't use the pool or fitness center but both looked clean and well kept. We will definitely stay here when we visit the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived during a torrential downpour in Charleston. We were happy to learn/discover that our hotel was a short drive from the airport near several restaurants and the Tanger Outlet mall. During our stay, we never heard any of the commercial aircraft but did enjoy the sound of freedom from the jets flying in and around Charleston Air Force Base. Our king size bed was a luxurious Temperpedic brand. The décor in the lobby and our room was impeccable; definitely light, airy, and inviting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family