Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
$189
$170
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$110
$104
ComfortInn
$130
$102
$143
$135
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$89
$98
1,004 results
All reviewsfront deskcharleston airportrestaurant staffgreat hotelfamily reunionperforming arts centerbusiness tripconvention centerwould stay here againsouthern hospitalityshuttle servicestaff was friendlycookiesnice stayclean roomsconvenient locationeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to our flight the next day. We arrived late in the afternoon and left around 11 the next day. Didn't spend much time here but the location was good for our flight the next day. Our double bedded room was clean and the beds were comfortable. That's all we needed for one night. The staff we did encounter were friendly. We would stay here again if we needed to catch a flight the next day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HGIMGT, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Travelingval,
We appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. We are so glad that our location proved to be very convenient for you and your sister. It is also great to hear that even though you did not stay here for an extended amount of time you had a pleasant stay and friendly encounters. We hope that you and your sister will stay with us in the future if you are flying into or out of Charleston.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotels need to get two things right, the bed and the shower. The shower is ok the bed was terrible.

Ok, you get all the nice things you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, but if you have a crappy sleep what's the point? The mattress sagged and I woke up several times to try to turn over from the hole it created. I felt clammy all night as the memory foam did not breath, despite having the air con on to keep the room cool and dry.

When I got up in the morning the mattress made a pretty good impersonation of a developing sink hole.

Will not be staying here again. No reflection on the staff or services, they need to get new mattresses, and not memory foam.

I had much better sleep at the Quality Inn, Patriots Point where the beds are much better. See my review of that hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Pxtaylor,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I regret that our mattress prevented you from having an excellent stay. We are currently working hard to make sure that all of our beds are up to the comfort level that they need to be at so that all of our guests can experience a comfortable nights rest. We invite you to come back and see our improvements and dedication to your comfort.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel itself was fine for our one night stay to arrive at the airport early the next morning. My one star is a direct reflection of the careless service from the front desk staff. I asked the front desk staff to tell me where the airport rental car return direction and road was. They printed off a map from the internet and handed it to me. The next morning I followed the map only to find I was going to a in town rental car return place and 30 minuets opposite direction of the airport. Now, for a airport hotel that is less than 5 minuets from the airport and airport rental car return, I cannot believe that the front desk staff could not simply tell me what direction to drive! We nearly missed our flight and started out the day very terrible. No thank you! What terrible lack of care and service they did to us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Beemingigi,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the experience that you had while staying with us. I'm so sorry to hear about the incorrect directions our staff gave you to the car rental return. I apologize on behalf of the whole hotel for the inconvenience that we caused you and for the service that you received which is not up to our standards. I'm sharing your feedback with the front desk staff so we can ensure we're asking all the right questions and being as concise as possible. If there is anything else that the team or I can do for you in the future, certainly let us know. Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that we caused you and we will be working hard to make sure that this carelessness does not happen again. We invite you to stay with us in the future to see how you have helped us change.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nice location close to airport, very friendly staff but it has Gone Down Hill steadily and now poor. Staff still friendly but ineffective and lazy. Restaurant staff is weak and they have taken up lobby bar space with the restaurant, forcing drinkers to sit all over the rest of lobby. Now crowded and noisy and with little class or desirability for meeting friends or business associates. Remodeled meeting rooms but rest of hotel getting very dingy and not clean anymore. I have stayed here routinely for over two years and it has degraded. NOISY, highway noise and also including in room A/Cs, not clean or in very good condition and a lot of repairs needed to door locks, showers, etc. Gym is more of a closet with a few things crammed in. Parking is also very difficult at this property with Wendy's next door and a lot of competition for few spots. With problem, managers call very concerned if you have 3 or 4 hours to wait. For $138 and about $20 in taxes, you get about what a mid-range Motel 6 would give you for half the cost. There are many nice hotels in area so LOOK ELSEWHERE! Too bad as they were very good in past.

Room Tip: Seek another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raybo00

Raybo00,
We value your business and loyalty to us. That's why this review is so hard to read. We really appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and will do our best to ensure guests receive the comfort and friendliness they deserve. We are working hard to repair many of the problems that you outlined in your review such as the door locks and showers. We are also working towards updating our rooms and spaces to make them more modern and comfortable. We appreciate your business over the last two years and we hope that we can once again reach and exceed the standards that you have come to expect while staying with us. We invite you to come back to see how you have helped us change and we hope that we can win back your trust to be your hotel of choice in the Charleston area. Again thank you Raybo00 for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and I apologize for the level of service and the experience that you had while you were here.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Service is key here. We spent 4-5 days here during the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament and were very pleased with the service. When we arrived, we had complimentary cookies and water (Hilton Honors), but they had coffee and tea 24/7 for everyone. And, cookies for all, about 4 pm or so. Jullian and Magel (?) were great and very friendly. Our first night, the jacuzzi was too cold, and they made arrangements to hand carry us to a nearby hotel. Not really certain about doing that (inconvenient), I just happened to walk into the pantry and ask about the food there. Since the jacuzzi was down, I was offered anything from the pantry to make up for the jacuzzi problem.....chocolate ice cream it is! It really comes down to the little things. Another time, we were waiting for the elevator and there were two housekeeping staff standing at the elevator doors talking about what needed to be done, etc. We were out of their line of sight but a maintenance man walked by and immediately addressed them, that a guest was waiting for the elevator. They were very apologetic and invited us into the elevator, where we were engaged in conversation. There were so many little things like this incident that I could go on and on.....this is a place where they take your decision to stay there very seriously. Highly recommended. I would stay here again in an instant. No need to look anywhere else, they have it all. Anything we asked, they took care of, and very quickly. Kudos to the staff, at all levels.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was pretty close to the price of a regular room. We heard nothing in the way of noise until the last night and then it was from next door. Let's just say the noise brought a smile......
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingduo2md

Travelingduo2md,
We value your business and work hard to make sure that we impress our guests everywhere they look. It is the small things that can make a stay go beyond the expected value of service. We apologize for the inconvenience of the hot tub being to cold, I will make sure that maintenance knows to check more frequently so that another guest does not have to experience the same thing. I am thrilled to hear that you were accommodated for the inconvenience that you experienced and I will make sure that the front desk staff knows how much you appreciated their service. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and I hope that you had a wonderful time at the Family Circle Cup. We hope to see you again next year!