“Good value”

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Good value with breakfast included! Quiet and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Hallway carpreplies second floor in need of cleaning or replacement. Breakfast staff friendly and focused on customer service. Exellent Breakfast menu.

Location convenient to historic district. Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Got in late after driving up from Hilton Head. Young woman at the desk was highly efficient and friendly and the room was nice. I'm another one of those trying to build up the Hilton points for a big free vacation so I'll stay here again but the lack of a free breakfast in this price range is disappointing. As Hilton Gold you do get the breakfast for free though so only a couple more Hilton stays and it won't be an issue. Good internet and chair at the desk was comfortable so that's about all I needed for the night. No bed will be as good as the one at home so I don't expect much but this one had an adjustable firmness (The Garden Sleep System) which was different and seemed to work nicely.

Room Tip: As high as possible and on an end for less noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Being a HH member, I first tried to book a room at the Embassy Suites Hotel, but since no rooms were available, we booked into the Hilton Garden Inn (right down the street) and also close to the Performing Arts Center and the airport. What a disappointment. The staff was not particularly friendly when we checked in and were busy on the phone for quite some time before they attended to us. The first room we were assigned was freezing cold and the AC was broken, so we asked for another. The second one was adequate, and we were able to monitor the room temperature, so we stayed. Overall, my impression was that the hotel rooms are dated and the furnishings are tired---very unappealing. On the plus side, the bed and linens were good quality, and the room seemed clean. But, for nearly $140/nt and no food included (the cookies were even gone when we got there), I expected something better. This hotel ranked significantly below any Hampton Inn I've stayed in and, other than for the bedding, did not meet my expectations for a Hilton product.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a HH member, so, I go where I get points. Been to many HGI's and this one is about par with the others. Has a nice boardwalk over to the peforming arts center and arena so, if you're trying to be close to there you cannot get much better. Overall it's a nice place and I would stay there again if I was looking to be in that area.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights to visit my son at The Citadel. It was during local Prom Weekend and the hotel had rented a bunch of rooms out to teens. Needless to say the place was full of routy extremely drunk teens that ran around screaming all night both nights. The hotel did not seem to care. I was met with defensevness when I complained.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank carolinatexan2
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband & I stayed here over Easter weekend because we were in town to go to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens. (which is also wonderful) It's in a great location, easy in and out. Even though it's close to the airport, we never heard the planes in our room. The staff is super nice and friendly. It's also only a couple of minutes to the Tanger outlets and some good places to eat. The room was nice & clean, comfy bed, and the shower was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The room I recieved was a two double bed room, the front desk screwed up and gave my room away earlier in the day. What was weird is the Doc you sign at check in was signed by someone and they signed my name. I was not happy about this but nothing I could do. I was suppose to get room 513. I guess I was just happy at 10 pm when I checked in they had a room left.

The linens were all white and there were 4 pillows per bed. The pillows were hard. Bed was ok, it was not very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, and there were no unpleasant smells anywhere. Hotel was quiet.

There is parking outside the hotel and it is 10-15 minutes away from downtown Charleston. Tanger outlet is 2 seconds away, which was good. I would probably not stay here again.

I did like my Breakfest in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business