Very close to Northwoods mall and the town of Goose Creek without being in the madness of holiday shopping and traffic. The hotel is quite a few years old but is so well kept it looks like its newly renovated. Good job to the maintenance and housekeeping staff.
Very very kind young lady at the Front Desk at check-in on 12/22, certainly excuded holiday cheer!
Breakfast the next morning was interesting. Came down around 9:30am and it was obvious the buffet had been run through heavily. The breakfast attendant stayed in the back area with the door open most of the time I was there, busy talking with who I believe was the Manager On Duty. Most of the conversation had to do nothing with work, but wasn't inappropriate, just thought there were other things that needed to be looked after from what I could tell.
Now to the reason I can only give 3 stars and not 5. Housekeeping made one of the biggest mistakes you can make. I had a Do Not Disturb sign on my door. Not just on the handle but physically inserted into the key slot (this type of sign was designed to either hang or be inserted). Also for security I always deadbolt and also move the slide lock (the modern version of a key chain lock) into place. Around 9:30AM while I was in the shower I thought I heard a knock at the door but assumed it was for next door. Then I hear the sound of a door hitting something hard (this was the slide lock). I still questioned myself because there's NO way housekeeping would remove the Do Not Disturb sign and still try to enter my room. When I opened the bathroom door it was obvious someone had attempted to enter my room. This was VERY upsetting because a Do Not Disturb sign is nothing to be ignored and there are procedures in place for all hotels (housekeeping NEVER is to knock, they contact the front desk to verify if the room has checked out or not AND the Front Desk is supposed to call up to the room to verify). When I told the Front Desk of this issue she was apologetic but seemed to shrug it off.
Shame how ingnoring a basic Hotel 101 rule can all but ruin someone's impression of a great property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North / Elms Hotel North Charleston
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Charleston North / Elms Center
- Fairfield Inn North Charleston
- Fairfield North Charleston
- North Charleston Fairfield Inn