“Five stars for Tammie!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Overall, we had a great stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. My only downside to our stay was the older lady at the desk that works evenings. She didn't come off as very friendly or maybe she just doesn't enjoy her job. I typically keep my DND up during my stay. I feel it makes it easier for the housekeepers when I really don't need much. When I stopped by the desk one evening to ask for some towels, shampoo, and conditioner she seemed annoyed with my request. I told her I could wait for it, and she said that she had to call for it to be brought up. Although, I was able to get what I needed the night before at the desk. So, I went to my room, and waited....2 hours later, I had to call for it again. And again, she seemed annoyed. I am still giving five stars because we did enjoy our stay. And, because Tammie in housekeeping was absolutely awesome! She always went out of her way to make sure we got whatever we needed. We had more interaction with Tammie than anyone else during our 6 night stay. She was so friendly, and always had a smile on her face. She seems to love her job, and really cares about her guests. Another thing, however, that seemed off was that I would see numerous front desk associates sitting on the couch watching tv in the lobby. As a supervisor at a hotel myself, I believe customer service goes a long way. As well as, a positive attitude and personality. Guests want to feel as if it is their home away from home, not a burden.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer T
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

Reviewed July 17, 2014

For the North Charleston area, this Hotel is the nicest pet-friendly hotel. It's also very comfortably and accommodating for either the short or long-term stay. The rooms are large and clean. I felt more at home at this Hotel then any other hotel in the immediate area. It's close to all the action with plenty of shopping and restaurants within a short distance. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: 4th Floor is usually for the people on long-term stays.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank cherry7up
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The room was nice and clean. Our housekeeper was really friendly. The downside is they are a pet friendly hotel but there wasn't anything friendly about it. Pets aren't allowed in the elevators so we went up and down 3 flights of stairs for 4 days.... The pet area outside was the smallest, most nasty bed of pine straw I have ever seen. Would never allow my dogs in it....

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank webe492
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel when it first opened. It was five stars then for sure. Needs a little TLC to maintain its status. It's still a nice property. It was a pleasant stay. The staff was great. The breakfast was good. No complaints!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights on Marriott points. I had wanted to stay closer to the historic district, but there are no level 5 properties nearby. This location, however is very close to a Tanger Outlet, Walmart, Sams Club. There are also several restaurants nearby, including a Bonefish Grill next door.

We had a two bedroom unit. Hotel, as others in the area, appears to be quite new. So, my husband was surprised to see the entire side seam of his matress had come undone exposing the foam inside. We didn't notice this until the last morning when the sheets had pulled off the corner.

The hotel has a policy of changing sheets every two days, but I guess since we there for three nights they didn't bother changing them which was fine by me.

Also, while we got clean towels each day , the second bed was never made after our first night. In the maid's defense they appeared to be very busy.

The breakfast has lots of choices which vary slightly from one day to the next. And Monday through Thursday they have beer, cheap wine, soft drinks and enough food to serve as dinner, particularly if you had a big lunch while sight seeing as we did.

All in all, it's a very nice Residence Inn in a good location. Would stay again when in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed for a week house hunting with 2 small boys. The 2 bedroom was a good size, the staff attentive and the place was obviously new. The only downside is that it sits on a very crowded major road. Traffic can be a hassle.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank charlierok
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We didn't spend alot of time here but the time we spent was very nice. We stayed here with another couple the night before a very early flight to the west coast. We were each upgraded to a 2 BDR suite which we loved because my husband and I could each get ready in a separate bathroom! That's important any time but especially when you are trying to catch the shuttle by 5 a.m.!
What really stood out for me though was that the woman at the front desk (whose name I do not know) knew we would not be there late enough to eat breakfast. She went to the kitchen and got us yogurts and bananas. We were so impressed and grateful and it was perfect to tide us over until we could get something at the airport.
This hotel is conveniently located to downtown -maybe 15 minutes- and of course perfect if you need to get to the airport.
We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple