“Excellent stay; beautiful property”

Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well located, immaculately clean and the staff is exceptional. Rooms were huge, well appointed and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and wifi worked well. A perfect hotel close to Charleston, we will stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristi11876

Reviewed January 8, 2014

First off, I like Residence Inn properties. Beds are comfortable. They have everything I need. Breakfast is good. This location met my needs without going overboard. It was a quiet time for the hotel over the Christmas holidays. We were able to park directly in front of the hotel. Check in was fast. Carts were available for unloading. Room was fine. Bed comfortable. Nothing special. View was of parking lot, offices, woods. Sleep was good. Shower hot. As for breakfast? It was tasty although the first carton of 1% milk we used n our coffee was curdled. The food available was great from meat eaters. We hate it when hotels feel the need to automatically add ham or bacon to the eggs. I went with oatmeal, yogurt, a muffin. Staff was efficient and helpful The surprising thing was that the breakfast service closed at 9am (we came down at 8:45). That seemed early but we had all we needed. Check out easy. The location of the hotel is off the interstate near other hotels. Some have said they didn't feel safe. I was fine with the area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed similar
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GRGADA
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love staying at Residence Inn's while traveling and this location just proves why. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless and beautifully decorated. I enjoyed my breakfast each morning and was always greeted by an attendant. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tink513pd
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a two night stay with family. At check-in Mike was extremely helpful. Hotel was clean and new. We enjoy the space that Residence Inn has when traveling with family. Breakfast was good and well staffed. Easy to get to Downtown. Much needed restful visit! Not quite warm enough to enjoy fire pit...maybe next time! Charleston has a lot of charm and we hope return and explore the area again...soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ahoney34
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Marriotts are known for their consistency -- you know what to expect when you walk in. This location meets that Marriott level of service and accomodations. The property is a bit beat up and could use a renovation, particularly the carpets.

The staff were among the best I've encountered at Marriotts. Friendly, helpful, and smiling even though they were working through the Christmas holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had very good experience staying at Residence Inn in Chattanooga, TN last year. My natural instinct led me to Residence Inn in North Charleston when I needed to travel to the region. The hotel is fairly new and the staffs are very helpful and accommodating.
I was upgraded to an one bedroom suite after I reported the problem with the heating system in the studio unit. The premises is very attractive and very clean. The complementary breakfast are
more than adequate. It also had complementary manager's special dinner including beer, wine, and soft drinks Monday through Thursday from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. The food was pretty good and we took advantage of these dinners to save a few dollars. We stayed 2 nights when we first arrived Charleston. After touring SC and GA , we came back and stayed another 4 nights before flying home. I was 100% satisfied and will defintely choose to stay at Residence Inn for my next destination.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HikerJc
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful establishment 11/11 -11/13/13 and was wowed by the décor, staff and perks. It was clean, stylish and very comfortable. The young lady who was responsible for breakfast thon the 12th could use an attitude adjustment "what are you looking for" as opposed to "may I help you". However, the front desk and housekeeping staff was exceedingly gracious so I will not deny them the excellent rating they deserve!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple