Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love staying at Residence Inn's while traveling and this location just proves why. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. The hotel is spotless and beautifully decorated. I enjoyed my breakfast each morning and was always greeted by an attendant. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tink513pd

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a two night stay with family. At check-in Mike was extremely helpful. Hotel was clean and new. We enjoy the space that Residence Inn has when traveling with family. Breakfast was good and well staffed. Easy to get to Downtown. Much needed restful visit! Not quite warm enough to enjoy fire pit...maybe next time! Charleston has a lot of charm and we hope return and explore the area again...soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ahoney34
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Marriotts are known for their consistency -- you know what to expect when you walk in. This location meets that Marriott level of service and accomodations. The property is a bit beat up and could use a renovation, particularly the carpets.

The staff were among the best I've encountered at Marriotts. Friendly, helpful, and smiling even though they were working through the Christmas holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had very good experience staying at Residence Inn in Chattanooga, TN last year. My natural instinct led me to Residence Inn in North Charleston when I needed to travel to the region. The hotel is fairly new and the staffs are very helpful and accommodating.
I was upgraded to an one bedroom suite after I reported the problem with the heating system in the studio unit. The premises is very attractive and very clean. The complementary breakfast are
more than adequate. It also had complementary manager's special dinner including beer, wine, and soft drinks Monday through Thursday from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. The food was pretty good and we took advantage of these dinners to save a few dollars. We stayed 2 nights when we first arrived Charleston. After touring SC and GA , we came back and stayed another 4 nights before flying home. I was 100% satisfied and will defintely choose to stay at Residence Inn for my next destination.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HikerJc
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful establishment 11/11 -11/13/13 and was wowed by the décor, staff and perks. It was clean, stylish and very comfortable. The young lady who was responsible for breakfast thon the 12th could use an attitude adjustment "what are you looking for" as opposed to "may I help you". However, the front desk and housekeeping staff was exceedingly gracious so I will not deny them the excellent rating they deserve!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bosachica
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I were in Charleston and decided to stay at the Residence Inn Charleston North. The room was very stylish, extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel is relatively new and we really enjoyed our stay here. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the Charleston area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This Residence Inn looks and feels brand new. My family and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. I got the sofa bed , and even THAT was comfortable! By far the nicest Residence Inn I've stayed in. Big variety at breakfast, very tasty. Though its a bit of a drive from downtown, it's convenient to the airport and outlets. I'd stay there again if I needed the space.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family