“Great breakfast and even better service!”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just got back from visiting Charleston and we stayed at this hotel. It was an AWESOME experience! When I checked in, I asked if it would be possible to use the pool after check out and they said no problem at all! The next morning we had breakfast and it was the best hotel breakfast I have ever had! Also, the lady who was taking care of the food was great! She kept the food coming even though it was pretty busy and she was great interacting with my kids as well. I then checked with the front desk to make sure it was OK to use the pool (new shift and I wanted to make sure they were on board as well) and not only did they say OK, but she said how about a 2pm check out. WOW! I didn't even ask for that! AWESOME customer service! The room was great as well!

Room Tip: Rooms have lots of different plug ins like USB and others for today's technology!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BigTuan
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear BigTuan,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor, and for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the pool!!! I'm so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your kids in our pool area and that you enjoyed our breakfast! I will let Bernadette (the breakfast attendant) know that you enjoyed her customer service!! I hope that you and your family had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing y'all again soon!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was a good-to-great, solid airport hotel. I ended up here after my flight was cancelled. The staff were friendly and professional, the rooms have been recently remodeled (within the last 3-7 years), the bed was comfortable, the linens soft and the airport shuttle reasonably prompt. My only complaint was that noise echoes throughout the hallway, so that if you have loud neighbors, you will hear them. I was able to get an early morning shuttle (4:15am) with no problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear GoldenGateTravels,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you during your hectic travel. I'm sorry that you experienced a high noise level during your stay. Next time you come to stay with us, I will make sure that we put you on a room at the end of the hallway away from the elevators. I hope that you had a safe travel back to California, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We could not be happier with our stay. From the moment I walked in I was impressed. The lobby is beautiful. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are lovely. We booked a king suite with a spa tub. The room is spacious, comfortable, well stocked, beautifully decorated and immaculate. The bed is so comfortable that I don't think I will want to get out of it in the morning (I am currently writing this review from that comfy bed!). We haven't had breakfast yet, but the rest of our stay has been so great that I am sure breakfast will be as well. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor!! I love seeing wonderful comments like yours!! This helps our staff improve our amenities and services to you, our valued guest! I'm very glad to hear that your enjoyed our beds so much that you didn't want to leave!! I hope that you had a wonderful trip to the Charleston area, and we look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Wow, this HI Express was very clean and updated (looks like recently). We only stayed one night, but it would consider again in the future. It was located within walking distance of the outlet mall and not too far from downtown. Didn't stay for breakfast, so I'm not sure how that was.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Mitzi H,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor!! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!! I hope that you had a great New Year, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was totally amazed at check in. Walking in my first impression was awesome. The lobby was beautifully decorated as well as the rest of the hotel. The staff was very polite and professional. We stayed in a king suite. The room was awesome. From the couch, dinette, chaise lounge and desk. Very awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King Suite well worth the upgrade if you are staying for any length of time.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! I'm excited that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the King Suite we upgraded you to! I hope that you had a safe travel back to California, and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been in probably 20-25 different HIX's in the last 5yrs, and this one is top notch. Ashley set it up through my company to get us into this place, and my group of 6 were here 7 wks. Everyone was very pleased with the location of this hotel. It is at the top end of the Charleston area, quick access into downtown or out of town, good places to eat nearby, and the staff was very friendly & helpful.
I think they are all just friendly types by nature, or so it seems. When we wanted to get our rooms arranged closer together to make morning meetings easier, it was done. They always took the time to ask about our stay, and whether we needed help with anything.

This is a great place to stay. I actually miss the place, can't wait to get another project around there again.

Room Tip: -you can hear some air traffic on the upper floor, but it IS in a large city after all. -some road...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear DC S,

Thank you for taking time to review our property on TripAdvisor!!! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back to visit soon! I will pass along your comments to our friendly staff; they always like to hear what guests say about the property! On behalf of all our employees at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

From the unscaled lobby, to the absolutely beautifully appointed rooms, this place is a winner. We were in our rooms for maybe 1 hour before we got a phone call from the desk to make sure we had everything we needed. Check one, for customer service. There are reading lights on each side of the bed, a module seating area with a pull up table for use for your computer.....ambient lighting behind the headboard, fabulous pull out desk with great seating.. the bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was very modern and chic. When my husband went down for coffee, and there was trays to carry cups of coffee from downstairs to your room. No wonder this place got great reviews.....Will definitely stay here again....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear jilene48,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!!! I'm very excited to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and amenities!! And thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!