Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$164
$119
$129
$116
Hotwire.com
Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
$98
HIExpress.com
All reviewsconvention centerfull size fridgea pet friendly hotelan extended staystaff was friendlyspacious roomtanger outletsgreat place to stayperforming arts centerwafflesshort drivethe breakfast areahome away from homecomplimentary breakfastthe entire staffenjoyed my staybreakfast sandwich
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed 5 nights. The room was spacious, clean, bright with great beds and linens. Kitchen was nicely appointed. The staff was incredible -- super helpful, responsive, nice. We had our two dogs. They treat them will, have doggie treats, and poop bags. The breakfast is healthy. They say it is from 6--9, but it really goes to 10. The property is bright, clean and cheerful. It's an easy 15 minutes from downtown Charleston and 3 minutes from outlets, theaters and eating places. Would definitely stay again. The pool is tiny. We didn't use it, but it is about big enough for one family.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor where I expect they put all the people with pets. I was concerned it would be noisy, but it was wonderfully quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Balzac
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend here and enjoyed the southern hospitality. Breakfast choices were less than other similar hotels but enough to fill. Breakfast staff were very fast in refilling, courteous and very accommodating.

Shuttle staff were great and even played some songs that are from our language -- I have never received this kind of attention. I like their conscientiousness.

One person at the front desk could not explain me the places I can visit in the area at all. She just said there is Downtown and that's it. We just found on our own but the lady was very courteous in all aspects -- May be she is not from this area!!!

Room size was not bad, pool is a little smaller, AC worked fine, enough utensils in the kitchen, wireless was easy and worked fine.

Would recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Anonymous49463
Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you want the best room in the area for the best price (we used points+cash with our HHonors), come here. but bring plenty with you--there are no free cookies/snacks/water/anything for you. The service is pathetic but the cleaning is great--rooms were spotless and well appointed. Don't even go downstairs during breakfast hours (which are only until 9am, ridiculous) because you won't fit in line to get anything. No worries though, unless you want a plain bagel or cereal you're out of luck anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our first time to Charleston and we wanted a clean place to sleep. The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown and 30 minutes from Folly Beach. It was nice to come home at the end of the day to a nice clean place. The hotel is new and everyone was really nice. It was also great to have a place to put our own water and drinks for the beach. The room was big which was great as we were there for five nights. It was also near the highway which made it easy to get to where we wanted to go. They had a nice breakfast which is better than most places for free. When I was booking our hotel the places that were in downtown Charleston for five nights started around $900. We got a great deal on booking.com and you have to know that some of the hotels downtown are not nearly as nice as this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RebeccaToso
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When you're greeted by a big smile and a genuine offer to help with ANYTHING, you know the stay will be good. And it was a great 7 day stay.

The hotel clerk found info on what was going on in Charleston that day (Sunday) so I could play tourist before a week of work. The manager, Tom, was in the lobby every morning, asking guests how their stay was going and if he could do anything. When a small problem required me to move rooms, they assisted me in moving to the other room.

The hotel is relatively new (maybe less than a year), and the rooms are clean, furniture shows no wear, flooring sparkles, appliances in the kitchenettes are shiny and work well. Well stocked with what I needed for a week's stay and light meals in the room. Nearly full size fridge, decent freezer size (no icemaker in the room), big microwave, but no stove/oven. However, the front desk offers the use of a hot plate and skillet combo, based on info found in the room. Rooms are nicely sized, and well designed. European style closet (no door, just a curtain. They brought me more hangers on request). Blackout shade on window. Comfortable bed, not so good on the pillows, but you can't have everything. Excellent towels. Plenty of hot water in the morning rush. My room had a fold out couch too, comfort level undetermined.

Convenient to I-526 and I-26, practically next door to the airport. Yet unlike several other airport hotels, this one is tucked on a side street behind the convention center, so i didn't hear much car (or even air!) traffic.

No room service and no restaurant on site. 24 hr free coffee/tea center. Free breakfast was both hot and cold foods on a buffet bar with a reasonable variety of foods: cereals, heatable breakfast sandwiches, yogurts, fruits, breads and rolls. Within a 5 minute drive, you'll find probably 30 restaurants, from fast food to great bbq to Japanese sushi/hibachi.

I've stayed at four or five of the airport area hotels, and I'd rate this one as one of the best.

Some tips: walmart in the outlet mall just a mile away is good for a grocery run or anything else you might need. For those needing a gas station to gas up before heading back home or for filling the rental car, take International drive in the direction OPPOSITE the airport. At the end of International Dr, turn left. Gas station on the right was open very early and had decent prices. For trips into downtown CHAS, figure 20 minutes without traffic and the route is easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business